Rusty Relics Not for Sale!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad!!!! Why is he keeping it? Had a guy around here years ago that had a collection very similar...wouldn't sell anything ..said he was keeping it cause when a new war started he was gonna be rich with the price of steel.....he died and his kids scraped it all and sold the land!:eek:

Very sad!!!! Why is he keeping it? Had a guy around here years ago that had a collection very similar...wouldn't sell anything ..said he was keeping it cause when a new war started he was gonna be rich with the price of steel.....he died and his kids scraped it all and sold the land!:eek:

We had the exact same thing happen down here guy died and kids never even came to look at the place and next thing you know a scap company shows up and takes it all.

Why is he keeping it?

It's pretty simple really. He's keeping it because it is HIS. He obviously enjoys collecting and owning the vehicles, and the location they are in is pretty friendly to their preservation. Why should anyone be sad or angry about it? I could see some jealousy maybe, which is really where most of that stems from. The fact is this guy bought them somewhere, so they were for sale at some point in time. These vehicles are out there. People who are dedicated find them and spend the money to purchase them, and some like to hang onto them for whatever their reasons. Would I like to own some of that stuff? Well hell yes. But do I knock him for not wanting to sell? Hell no. Things that are mine are mine, and *I* decide when to sell. Chances are this guy is like me and the more people whine and go on about how he "should" sell something the more content he is to let it sit. Guys like this are also constantly annoyed by tire-kickers and looky-loos, so their patience is usually pretty short. If you're serious about buying and someone isn't selling, move on. In the time you spend whining about it someone else just sold a vehicle somewhere else. Besides most people are armchair quarterbacking about "Oh I would buy that and fix it all up" when in reality they would never even have the money to buy it, and if they did it would likely just change locations - still sitting...

Nothing but a hoarder! It's like the multi-millionares that collect exotic cars just to collect them. They never drive 'em, they just sit in their climate controlled warehouses and the owner can boast 'look what I've got!' This guy is just at the other end of the spectrum! I used to be a hoarder too. It wasn't full sized cars, it was 1/64 scale Hot Wheels. Look what I've got! Had 'em on display in a dedicated bedroom. When we moved they went in the attic and sat for 12 years. Finally sold 'em at a loss.

Somebody local outta keep track of this guy. When he finally kicks, contact the kids and get what you can. Like others said, they'll probably all eventually end up with the scrapper! :eek:

Most of you guys are just speculating about what's going on. But BED summed it up pretty well though. Archie is a enxcentric millionaire and he likes to collect stuff he has a warehouse of fuly restored cars and he does drove some of them. His place is open to the public and he likes to shares his cars with everyone. A real hoarder wouldn't even let you peek through the fence. He even sells one every once in a while not many though.

When he's done with them they will be passed on to his kids and grandkids. I really doubt they will go to a scapper.

The funny thing about a car just sitting in a guys yard, he wont sell it and you know he'll never fix it up, is the illusion."The illusion" like BED said,"Oh I would buy that and fix it all up" when in reality they would never even have the money to buy it, and if they did it would likely just change locations".
The same feeling you get when you see something sitting and want to buy it is the same feeling the owner has that some day he will "fix it up" but if he sales it then there is no more possibility,then the car and the illusion are gone,Some people just cant let go that much.I know some of the stuff I own will never get built,but.
Now stop asking if its for sale,I told you "I'm gonna fix them up".:D

This is actually the next best thing to owning all of them yourself, they aren't going anywhere soon and you know where they are :)

Latest posts

Back