Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah I'm good with it even if I do feel like a fool Torchie. Thanks for the kind comments. I'm liking seeing it in a little more complete looking form. Maybe it'll kick some overdrive in on the project!

Maybe if I could find a hill around here, and maybe we had a good tail wind, I could make like I was driving it for a few...lol!

Thought I'd show some of my process with the dash. When I cut the holes for glove box and fuse box, I left some usable metal for the box itself and a wire tray I'll use. The gauge panel and both doors got a small 1/4" lip rolled around the edges in an attempt to give the doors some depth. Should look better when the paint goes on. The doors are hinged. I'll get door stops made next and fasten the magnets & handles in the doors for closers. Thanks for stopping by...

Thanks Soltz and Torchie! I'm brainstorming right now as to what all I can have attached here before setting it in place again. Probably all the dash switches, short wire runs, some other wire loom features underneath to be able to run the wires neatly. Gotta access the driver's side doorway frame and pillar to get a wire up to my wiper. I already have a conduit across the ceiling to the back wall of the cab, with pull wire in place, where I intend on having an overhead light. Scoping out where I'm entering the cab firewall trying to make it good for most of the wiring and other stuff coming thru. I've got all kinds of grommets but I'm thinking of using overlap leather grommets. Just me and my vision...sheesh!

I just caught up on your build, you have done great work with what you started with. I wish I had tools like bead rollers. I like how similar our inside cab framing is. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks guys! Always appreciated...Been working on the dash still, raised the radiator and grill shell a smidge, Made a pocket in the firewall to accomodate the big HEI distributor and still working on the flooring. Try to get pix up tomorrow. Lots of little stuff and didn't grab the camera.

Latest posts

Back