Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of tension problems I changed out the strap steel to a piece of O-1 steel then tempered it into a spring. Also added strips of felt gasket. A shot of it in the floor panel too. I'll get it straighter after welding the panel in. I only spent a short time in the barn today. Yesterday it was near 80, it's been dropping all day with lows tonight in the upper 20s...I got chilly down there...

More floor....i can hear the yawns from here! lol

:D[cl

No sir! If I wanted to see just finished products, I'd buy a car calendar. I want to see the details of how people do their builds. I may not say much, but I'm subscribed, and looking at all of your pictures. I think you're doing nice work, and the more pictures and explanation, the better. [P

Well thanks for the kind words. This is probably the most involved truck project I've done and with my object of a Model A truck for years, I thought I'd do a photo history of it. I'm gettin kinda old and want to make those bucket list items ya know? When your comments encourage me even more to keep going it makes me feel good! The farther it gets along, the more I keep looking back at the pile I started with. I'm liking it myself, but can't wait to blast my driveway. Once I get it to that point, my driveway will be my shakedown cruise. If I can't shake parts loose on that with a fast ride, it'll hold up on the road. I got a dash cam not long ago with the intent of a video of the maiden voyage...good or bad....might be a keystone kops episode!

That's just gorgeous work!

Well thanks for the kind words. This is probably the most involved truck project I've done and with my object of a Model A truck for years, I thought I'd do a photo history of it. I'm gettin kinda old and want to make those bucket list items ya know? When your comments encourage me even more to keep going it makes me feel good! The farther it gets along, the more I keep looking back at the pile I started with. I'm liking it myself, but can't wait to blast my driveway. Once I get it to that point, my driveway will be my shakedown cruise. If I can't shake parts loose on that with a fast ride, it'll hold up on the road. I got a dash cam not long ago with the intent of a video of the maiden voyage...good or bad....might be a keystone kops episode!

I'm with ya on the encouragement and smiles aspect. That "boring" floor is a thing of beauty! :)

Thanks ya'll! I'm hosting the pool shoot tomorrow night so I don't know how much I'll get done.
Try to do something each day even if it's a small deal!

Got the steering column in and mounted the master cykinder. Spent some time making the leather grommet and clamp but came out good. Need to clean up the sealer. More tamaly!

pedal work

Fabbed up some pedals, did some directional corrections on the levers, and some fluff.

Here we have the makings of a roller for my open throttle cable. a piece of 3/4" square tube, 5/32" weld rod, and a small chunk of copper tubing:

It'll get plug welded to the firewall to direct my cable.

Nice work, smallfoot. In my opinion a hot rod is largely a collection of brackets and braces. When you design them and build them yourself it really makes your rod unique and your own.

I really thank you guys for the good words. Bob W. I understand what you are saying. So far, I guess there's been alot of that! In these last stages of this build, where I'm working on the interior, there'll be more of it I suspect and maybe more noticeable. Working with limited cab room makes it necessary to think of ways to make things hide and just fit sometimes. Lots of ideas! Stay tuned, more moves coming!

Very cool work, "footie!" I have been trying to come up with gas and brake pedal ideas and yours looks like a good way to go! Looking forward to more updates ... :)

Thanks a bunch guys! Been hammering on the hump. Trying to lay the last of the flooring in with the tranny tunnel. No pix yet, sorry.

Latest posts

Back