The greatest (rod) story ever told

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm new here and just came across this thread. I have always wanted to find something like this. You are truly a lucky man.

Hopefully Mr. Serling and his friends will still be there when you go back. :D I'll be waiting for the next chapter to be written.

I was digging through pictures and found this one, of the Buick doors, and extra tin.
truckbed.png

Sorry guys. Just an update. Mr. Serling and I have become friends. We talk on the phone often. He thinks he located a model A with a good top and nothing else, so he is trying to get that one to fix the first car. I passed on the deal with Leno, too far away, not my kind of build. Charlie has been back in the hospital, and back home a few times in the last few months, doesn't look good I am afraid. Now that I am up and around more I will probably head over to pick up some more stuff soon, I hope.

Amazing story bonehead. I just read the whole thing, and damned if I were that lucky. Some day...

Keep us posted. 'THE GREATEST (ROD) STORY EVER TOLD' haha I love it man.

Thanks P-Rat. Back is better most days, some days are pretty crummy.

Mr Serling is in the oil business. The working end of the business, that is. He has gotten real busy the last few months, and has not had the time to play. I expect I'll hear from him any day, because I have been thinking about him lately. It is weird but we don't talk that often, and once I had been looking for his number with the phone in my hand, and he calls. The first time, I called and left a message, and the phone rang... I said , "so you got my message". No, he just called out of the blue, within a few minutes of my call.

I love the stor:y bonehead. Sounds like you and Mr Sterling have that same passion for old cars. People that have a love for the lines, style and raw power of the old cars seem to gravitate towards each other. Funny old world.:)

ok so i am relatively new here and never read this post until now and wow man i am just amazed i can wait till i go back to alabama this jan to see family before i leave (navy) its a very small town and many more around it i am going to search like crazy for something like this i know that there is around there thanks for the inspiration

Bone, you know they say good things come to good people, and i think this was ment to be, thanks for the advise you have given me on my 46 Int. All i have left is the glass in the side doors, insurance, and tags, and im ready to roll.

Hey, Bonehead, I`ve just sat here and read this whole thread. It truly is the greatest (rod) story ever told! Look`s like you really lucked out here. Can`t wait too see the movie!!!:D:D

Back