The greatest (rod) story ever told

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greatest Story

This is the stuff that you always dream about. Great find. Not only the cars but to come across a man like that. The new friends you come across is what this is all about. As you hear so often, it's not the destination that's important, it's the journey. I've recently come across a magical place like yours. Not nearly as good, but the man and his nature sure are making my project a blessing. I'm looking forward to more of the story, thanks.

Bonehead ive been trying to decide wether or not to start i project since i dont have any welding skills and am a rising senior in highschool strapped for cash, anyways did a search for something and this came up, just read the entire thread its like 1 am here, i gotta know if theres any left tot he story? You should make this into a movie hahahah

off topic but i have a book "the cobra in the barn" just a bunch of barnfind stories that i thought were good till i read this thread.

The story goes on. It is just running a little slow right now. I'll add the rest and catch you guys up soon. Trying to gather a couple more, one is a Studi PU.
I was just over there and took a few pictures.
greatest.jpg

Might wanna watch it with the telling pictures friend. Pretty sure I've been through there and have a pic of those same buildings.

do you keep that old guy in the loop about the build and give him updates etc? take pictures and just have talks with him?
i imagine he would really cherish that.

Just plain amazing! There is a place like that a few hours north of me, I've been meaning to go up there for years now. I think I might do that here come spring time!

Well i just read the whole story and all i can say you are very lucky and hope you are the good person that good things happen too and you remember that and as they say pay it forward. I remember when i about 19 i worked at a junkyard and let me tell ya there was some old tin there and i always thought i wish i had some of these and watched them ALL get crushed I`m talking 10+ stude pick ups 10+ willy`s pick ups all kind sof sedans a few coupes ,caddy`s,early jeeps cool stuff the guy knew what he ahd but his kid didnt care and just crushed it cause scrap was up at the time higher than the last few years etc i would say about HONESTLY 400 cars i worked all summer i did get him to save me a willys and stude for awhile then i quit cause winter was tough outside in the rain snow cold etc i said i would be back for the trucks but i never did:eek::(:( All i could imagine was building a hot rod rat rod etc out them but i was young and dumb no money etc oh and girls kinda got my attention too.so just a little story of mine to that boy i wish i wouldve got them and saved them.Cant wait to hear more BH hope all is well

Great saga, go ez on that back. I'm looking forward to more editions to this story.... I might ask if I can borrow some ideas from you pic of the ole town. Thinking about doin an oil painting with the buildings in it......:D

Latest posts

Back