The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could ask ZZrodder doesn't he have a 33 caddy? maybe his tank looked like that.

MAN! It took two days but I finally read this whole thread. What an awesome build! If it was my build I would cover the rack boots with some exhaust pipe cut in half lengthwise and welded to the cross member or just wrap leather around the boots. I'm sure what ever you come up with will look as good as the rest of the build.

Can't wait to see more.

Looks like I am going to get to work on the car this weekend. Not 100% sure what the next step should be.

I'm guessing that it should be to permanently mount the front crossmember and mount lower control arms. Once the arms are set, I should be able to plant my shackle hangers in the right spot.

That will probably tie up the whole weekend. If it doesn't, I will try and nail down the design for motor mounts and the path for the steering shaft....right now they look like they will be competing for the same space. I probably need to figure that out be fore I move to the upper control arm fab process.

**** happened and I did not make it to dad's house.

There was a wreck going the other direction. One of the cars crossed the centerline and I collided with them head on at 45 mph.

I don't have any broken bones or life threatening injuries, but I feel like I was thrown off of a 5 story building and landed in the grass.....I look ok, but everything hurts.

The little red car is screwed.

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Glad you are ok! When I first started reading I thought you where in your rat, thank god you was not.

sorry to hear about the crash--at least you weren't "totalled" but it looks like your lil' red car is!:eek:

hope ya get to feelin better soon...

Holy bent metal Batman! Glad you are OK. Bet that was some serious deceleration.

When I saw that pathfinder come into my lane I thought I was a goner. I thought I was in way too small of a car to take that kind of impact. I'm glad I was wrong.

WOW!! That little car can take a hit! Im glad your ok.

What he said!

Glad u're alright Flipper & I too am shocked at how the lil red one came out... the front caved in like it was designed to. Advil gel-caps work fast & help with swelling & pain. And quit pickin' on SUVs like that. Eveyone knows I pick on soccer moms but I don't try to take them out!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Sure glad you are ok.[cl That SUV looks as hurt as your little red car. I guess it's ok if you take the weekend off from building.

What he said!

Glad u're alright Flipper & I too am shocked at how the lil red one came out... the front caved in like it was designed to. Advil gel-caps work fast & help with swelling & pain. And quit pickin' on SUVs like that. Eveyone knows I pick on soccer moms but I don't try to take them out!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

The night of the wreck they gave me a big shot of morphine. Since then I have been taking some pretty good pills. This morning I slept past when I should have taken another dose....they are definetly some pretty good pain relievers. ;)

When I saw that pathfinder come into my lane I thought I was a goner. I thought I was in way too small of a car to take that kind of impact. I'm glad I was wrong.

Crumple zones. The idea sucks until it saves your life.

So what re you gonna salvage for the Roofus? Seats? Sheet metal?.....:D

Sorry about the mis-fortune, but glad your ok. The good Lord had you in his hands when that happened...good thing!

glad you came out of it ok. Insurance company will scratch their heads when they pick it up and all of the flat sheet metal is gone off of it![cl[S

That little car survived a lot better than I would have ever given it credit.
Glad you aren’t any worse off, hope you start feeling better soon.

Latest posts

Back