Things forgotten .......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what I cant sell, I'll have to crush.... I don't do any other sites this is it, so if you have friends on other sites tell them about this stuff I know there are big truck clubs out there and they will get wood over some of those REO's if you know those guys tell them or it's going to China and India.... It's just business sorry !!

Dude, you could get rich parting those trucks on ebay. My buddy just got big $$$ for the grill on a KB just like that, missing about the same amount of trim. Just that trim is $400-$500. Every one of those 42-46 GM trucks will part about $1500-$2500 and still have moist of the scrap iron left, same with the barrel nosed Ford. The REOs not quite as good but still some value, $200 or so for just the headlights and the windshield frame sell good, heater and dash too.

Dude, you could get rich parting those trucks on ebay. My buddy just got big $$$ for the grill on a KB just like that, missing about the same amount of trim. Just that trim is $400-$500. Every one of those 42-46 GM trucks will part about $1500-$2500 and still have moist of the scrap iron left, same with the barrel nosed Ford. The REOs not quite as good but still some value, $200 or so for just the headlights and the windshield frame sell good, heater and dash too.

Oh I know all about parting stuff out, but with deadlines, trucking 250 miles home plus storage to keep, verses if they don't sell, they have to go to the shredder, I really need to move all this to keep it from being destroyed, I'm thinking of doing a few on E-rip :confused: :( :mad:

Sad to see great history destroyed.Wish I had them.We don`t have anything left around here.The salt in air and fog rusts them away.
Most people frown on fiberglass,but with price of scrap, fiberglass will be the only option for hotrod bodies in a few years.
There is not an endless supply of these things.They only built so many and when they are gone that is it.:(
I think it is coming faster then most people expect.Have you noticed the picking has been getting less and less every year at swap meets?
The end is near,5-10 years tops.:(
I don`t like to talk doom,but look around,the stuff is just about gone.
We will see the end come.

Sad to see great history destroyed.Wish I had them.We don`t have anything left around here.The salt in air and fog rusts them away.
Most people frown on fiberglass,but with price of scrap, fiberglass will be the only option for hotrod bodies in a few years.
There is not an endless supply of these things.They only built so many and when they are gone that is it.:(
I think it is coming faster then most people expect.Have you noticed the picking has been getting less and less every year at swap meets?
The end is near,5-10 years tops.:(
I don`t like to talk doom,but look around,the stuff is just about gone.
We will see the end come.

That's true if others don't step up and help save it ????????????????

Last edited:
There will lots left here in NM for many years to come.

Duane I need to get ahold of you I need to go up with you and have a look around. We have a car club meeting next Wednesday and they can help spread the word around. Plus if you'd like I can have some picture and info and let people know at the swap meet May 5th in Los Lunas.

Oh I know all about parting stuff out, but with deadlines, trucking 250 miles home plus storage to keep, verses if they don't sell, they have to go to the shredder, I really need to move all this to keep it from being destroyed, I'm thinking of doing a few on E-rip :confused: :( :mad:

Yeah, the distance is a real deal breaker to getting a lot of stuff out of there, too bad.

If anybody knows Gus, will you have him contact me? Or check out his messages on here.

I think I'm going to head to New Mexico if all goes well.

Gus,
When and where could I get with you to look at the trucks on pg 6?
You just had to tempt us didn't you?

Thanks.

We will be in there next week to start this project, so Monday thru Friday 7-5 for awhile ??? they r in Santa Fe, I'll get the address and send it to you.

Some People

This was brought to the scrap yard and cashed in for the copper the other day ,,, REALLY HOW DUMB ARE THEY [cl???? the back side is as nice as the front ??

Latest posts

Back