vin tag location 50 chevy fleetline

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoocharlie

ok,i just bought a 50 chevy fleetline, 2 dr. car came with a title and a vin tag(loose).Heres my issue according to what ive read vin should be on driver door a pillar,my car has no visible holes for vin tag,i also checked to see oif someone filled the holes.i cant find any evidence of this.car has body tag on firewall but thats all i can find.where should this vin tag attach?i also believe this vin tag to be a stamped replacement vin,but again i still cant find the original location. HELP?????????????

Yes the vin tag should be on the front door post either between the hinges or up the windshield pillar like Sam said..........I've had several 49-54 Chevy cars and I don't remember for sure but I think they were kinda spot welded on like this one on an early sixties Chevy II.

If that's the case when you pried one off it usually ended up with holes in the tag but left only dimples in the door post. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back