Weekend Progress Anyone?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well I see from the build threads that some folks like DMW56 got a lot done. I just finished up one little project and started to work on another little project. This isn't much but maybe others will have something to add.

Hey Bob W. Did you finish your trailer?

I made some legs and attached them to my fuel tank strap, finishing up this project for my dad. Put a quickie coat of silver paint on it to get a better idea of how it will look chrome plated.

We decided that the upper rear fender mounts on my brother's 55 Chevy were unsightly for the kind of build he is doing, so I reconfigured them. More details in the builds section. Too boring for this thread.

Went from this..............................

To this......................

I was gonna keep it under wraps till done but I started round 2 on the Packard today. 2 door conversion and chop.
DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0149.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0153.jpg

:eek: Nice Old Gold. You can't keep that kind of thing a secret. Beautiful profile man. Also really nice how you lengthened the front doors instead of just welding the rear doors closed. Interesting how how you did the chop in the rear.

Wow very nice Old Gold. Thats going to be nice. I notice you put arrows on so you know which side is up.:D:D:D

Yeah, had to put the arrows on, I get confused real easy. Last one I chopped I did'nt do that and I kept hittin my head inside and I would have ducks in it after it rained:eek:

OG, that is a Sweet Packard! Very cool.
Gastrick, you do the most awesome work. I wish I had your patience and talent.
As you mentioned I did get a little done on the truck this weekend.

Got the shifter in so I can finish the floor.

006-14.jpg

And got the bed on. Cut the middle out a 65 Chevy stepside bed and welded the front to the back.

008-9.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

2008_0713box0001.jpg

With all the fine work shown here I hate to throw in a trailer build. Old Gold, the Packard build looks great. You've got more guts than I have. Gastrick, the tank strap should be displayed as art. And DMW56, your truck is coming along great.
Well, I got the tongue built, spent many hours welding in 9 crossmembers and all the other brackets. Once I get the correct offset wheels on it, I can install fenders. All the fun stuff is done (Welding).

Old Gold i love how u live in a white picket fence neighborhood and then outta nowhere there's this mayhem going on in the driveway haha! dam right but wow that packard is bad to the bone man! that put the floorpan work i did yesterday to shame lol. i was gonna finish it up today but the girlfriend had other plans :rolleyes: ill let her this time since ive been working late this whole week and havent seen her and im sure u all know how that goes. id post pics but my camera is at the shop... tune in tomorrow on my 53 build :D

Thanks Bandit, my neighbors REALLY LOVE ME! I don't have to worry about the girlfriend thing, 17 years of marriage and staying outside and doing this stuff is why it's lasted:rolleyes:

All I can say is...can I hire any of you guys to help with my Studebaker? I didn't get anything done on the Stude this weekend, because I've been working to many hours. I did get new brake lines on my "big ugley" Suburban today. Figured it was improtant to have good brakes when I tow my camper....or when I'm towing the Model A home :D

Nice work all of you guys. OG The Packard looks good. Think you got the proportions right with the chop and I think your doing the two door conversion right with lengthening the doors like that. DMW...the truck's looking good. I like the look with the 65 bed, and what can I say about a three duce 6 cylinder...cool. Gastrick and Bob...both of you have amazed me with your work and abilites over the time I've been a member here...all I can say is keep them coming....I really enjoy seeing what you giuys come up with

I bought this toy on Sunday. Ron's had a friend looking to sell. I got a great deal. Thanks buddy.

Attachments

• lathe3.JPG
    lathe3.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 89
A frend gave me a early 50s 6 lug chevy beam axle and rear end for my plymouth. I almost got enough parts to get started on the build.

This started out as a short weekender but has moved into the week. Another cleaning up of some messed up body seams on the Plymouth. This time the hood. Had to grind down some welds that someone decided were needed on the hood :confused: & fill in the seam a bit.

Attachments

• HPIM2512 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2512 (Medium).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM2513 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2513 (Medium).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM2514 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2514 (Medium).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 19
After taking an unwanted break Sunday by spending the day with the wife in the ER & 2 different hospitals, I finally got to the back half of the hood tonight.

Attachments

• HPIM2515 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2515 (Medium).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM2516 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2516 (Medium).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 2
  • HPIM2517 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2517 (Medium).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 7
I cut down and modified a wiring harness for a Honda RR bike motor in a Mini sprint, then I started cutting up and modifing some pans and pieces for another run (15) of the custom oil pans for the Honda bike engines I sell. Tomorrow I can sit and Tig Aluminum most of the day..

Attachments

• 04-06 pan.jpg
    04-06 pan.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 07 pan and pickup.jpg
    07 pan and pickup.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back