Yours might be a rat rod................................

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got one, i got one.....

if your wife threatens to divorce, take the dog, the kids and everything else in the house including the house, but leaves you your pride and joy........

if when driving down the roads or highways motorists dont tailgate you in fear of falling parts or debri..... it might be a rat rod :)

If you bring your "new truck" home and your little girl runs out to see it, and then runs back in the house crying in disappointment.... it might be a rat rod. (Actually happened to me!)

If you pass a demolition job on your way home from work and stop and ask, "Hey - can I have that?" it might be a rat rod.

If you have to explain to everyone why tractor grills are cool... it might be a rat rod.

If somebody asks you "what make it is" and you have to pull out a list from your wallet.... it might be rat rod.

If you paint your BBQ grille and your car with the same spray can, it might be a rat.

If you post a pic of it on another Hot Rod site and get ripped, shredded and insulted, it is definitely a rat rod.

When your build only takes 2 weeks.

If when nature calls you don't have to stop driving to releave yourself because the floor has a rust hole right where you need it.

If your maxium travel distance is less than 2 miles from your house because you don't want to walk to far when it breaks.

Bumber sticker!

If you have a bumper sticker or wrote somewhere on your car... "It IS Finished Stupid" (or something similar :eek:)... it mite b a rat rod!

If your Rod has a salvage title,with all original parts and paint, and you had a trade-in when you bought it, you may have a Rat.

If you have a bumper sticker front and rear that says NOT JUNK.

If you ever cleaned your pick-up box with a weed whacker.

If the Butts in your ashtray are older than you. (and your Dad)

If your add on white walls were on a previous Rat.

If your overhaul kit came from Warshauskees, you may have a Rat Rod.

Hey Guys, I'm the FNG, names Jimmy. The above are all true but one.:D

I've been lurking around this site and haven't yet figured out if my VW bus qualifies me as the owner of a rat or not. Do any of these count for anything?:

If your window winder is a pair of Vise Grips.

If your seat covers are old blankets that passengers are scared to sit on because they have oil stains from being under the car so many times while you've worked on the engine.

If you just straightened your rear bumper with a bench vice.

If you're using clear caulking to seal your windshield.

If you want to use primer for a paint job because it'll only cost $25 but you're willing to spend $2K on a new, bigger engine.

If new window seals and a weld repair cost $1600 and you only paid $1900 for the bus to begin with.

And, lastly:

If you have the opportunity to buy a different bus in better shape for only a little more than you could get for yours AND YOU PASS IT UP BECAUSE THE PAINT'S TOO NICE...

:eek:

If your friends don't smoke in your rod 'cause it might blow up...

If you can drive under an 18-wheeler, go "Damn, that's dirty!" and drive back out...

And last but not least:

If your vehicle's title takes up a whole file cabinet at the DMV...

you're probably a rat rodder if:

-Your wife dreads when you take Sunday drives in the country, cuz she fears what you'll find.

-a guy at a car show says "your cars a piece of crap!" and you reply"Thank you, so is yours."

-You can fix every appliance in your house with a cresent wrench and channel locks.

-your idea of spending time with the kids is picking up pieces that fell off a mile back.

-after a night on the town, you wake up with "Killer" the junkyard dog next to you in bed.

-you think the best cure for the common cold is a bottle of dayquil and a sixer of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

-your wife thinks shes punishing you by kicking you out, and you end up in the garage.

-you pretend the car is broke so you can go out to the garage to get away from the inlaws.

-you hate doing body work

-the best date you ever had was at a swap meet

Last edited:
Ya know its a rat rod because:

-it has a stop sign as a transmission cover.(guilty)

-the floor bracing is made out of a galvanized stop sign post.(guilty)

-the most expensive piece on your interior is the key chain(guilty)

-your shifter knob once belonged on your bathroom door(guilty)

-you consider tail lamps off a Ford Shoebox to be universal fit(guilty)

-a good percentage of parts on it were free

-the only stainless steel on it came from the kitchen

-it started life as a Ford, but you no longer know what to call it.

-your afraid there wont be anything left when your kids are old enough to drive it

-it could be on the road if you skip a house payment.

-you cant take it out in public without someone reccomending putting a diaper on it.

-the tires are the most expensive thing on the whole car

-you finally found a use for that old beer keg.

-you pull into a crowded parking lot, and people part like it was the red sea.

-tetnus shot? i dont need no stinkin tetnus shot!

If the entire body is made from 3/4 plywood ......................it might be a rat rod.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back