1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a NASTY looking ride. Nasty is good!!!

Thanks man

The ride looks awesome and so does the grass. [cl If you'd let that stuff grow a little the truck would probably be finished.

Well I dont mow it.. you would have to talk to my dad about that... im just the lazy 25 year old who moved home after school and hasnt left yet, just making a mess in the garage.. i am saving to move out.. but I need a place with a BIG garage..

Look'n Good! Off to a nice start. What ponies are going under the hood?

I have a SBC that will go in it.. it was free.. Unless Those pookies want to donate a crazzzy turbo diesel for it! haha

Very nice! Makes all that planning and work worth it, just to be able to see it come together. Kind of gives you a second wind to take on the rest of the (detail) work to get it finished and drive it.

Truly an exceptional build. One of my 3 favorites. Love those duallies. Thanks for the progress pics.

I cant wait till the day i hit the road.. thats still a while off but this was definitely good for the motivation being able to sit back and look at it

Thank you for the complement i really do appreciate it, there are many fantastic builds on here

i'm speechless! cannot wait to see how you finnish her off!
haha thanks man... ME TOO (cant wait).. i still need to find a bed... tough to find around here

are you going to run sides and or a hood?

I have the origonal hood and sides, im still undecided on that.. i will have to stretch them both if i choose to run it.. it would probably be something i do after its roadworthy.. then worry about the hood

It would be cool to have it as an option if i felt like running it

What a beast!! your truck looks great sittng there. Cant wait to see the motor in

Thanks, hopefully this week

I love the overall look, you may have to rethink the sbc with the look you've got going it might be too small. I really like it tho.

Yeah i would like something more interesting then a SBC but my wallet says theres nothing to think about...

:eek: :eek: :eek: Good thing I poked my head in here to check on the progress.............[P

haha... Im just messing with you pookies

man that thing is sweeeeet! i'm a trucker by trade,i love the duals.keep us posted i'm lovin it so far. cummins from a dodge would be sweet.i can see it roastin all 4 back tires.

A big caddy engine would be nice!!! But I agree go with what you've got.

If I had my choice.. I think I would go with a big old v12 or a inline 8

Ill donate a 235 lol that's probably what you took out of it tho lol

haha thanks but yeah I tossed the old 6 out of mine.. the head was split in like 8 places

man that thing is sweeeeet! i'm a trucker by trade,i love the duals.keep us posted i'm lovin it so far. cummins from a dodge would be sweet.i can see it roastin all 4 back tires.

Thanks man, its been a lot of work to maintain the old school big truck look on this truck, Im hoping it is worth it in the end. I will have to keep the burn outs to a minimum.. the old bias plys this big are not cheep..

You mean like this one lol I was lookin at the buick inlines before I decided to go diesel

M2swM20yM3A1NU81NVowNVA0YTdtZjZmOWQ2ZDA2ODVhMWMwMi5qcGc.jpg

And your wiring skills can you spell standalone? Lol we need a smiley with wires tangled and flying all over
EFI Live is wonderful and there already have been swaps made and some currently being done. Mike Wood the hnic of NX Nitrous Express had a Duramax Mustang built and he is going again to DRAG WEEK with it, hit 200+ in the Texas Mile and is street driven as he has over 10K miles on it already.:D

I hope you don't let a few wires scare ya:eek:

With Diesels, you can go from driving Miss Daisy to sideways very easily.

Heck Corpo could even throw down an ol 2 stroke Detroit Diesel..... That would be badarse too......[ddd

And I know you guys know my feelings on a Cummins.......:rolleyes: If not search for our pookie build thread:D

Sorry about jacking your thread corpo

I'm not really afraid of wiring as much as I just hate doing it I own an lb7 duramax its an 01 but I'm partail to the simplicity of the ve and p pump cummins I eventually want to go to school to be a diesel mech. Sorry again corpo love the truck and I was gunna ask about the rims who did you have put the tires on? Aren't those the 3 piece rims?

Oh and that one is still forsale on cl by grand rapids pretty cheap too I think he said 300 with the 3 speed and everything

That would be pretty slick in there.. I wonder how long they are... it actually may not fit.. it seems like there would be tons of room.. but i took the first stab at putting in the small block tonight.. i think it may be tighter than I imagined it would be.. but it will definitely fit

Corpo- a diesel would be the shizzz in your 1.5ton ratty [cl I'm going on record.[P

I agree it would be! Feel free to donate! haha

Sorry about jacking your thread corpo

I'm not really afraid of wiring as much as I just hate doing it I own an lb7 duramax its an 01 but I'm partail to the simplicity of the ve and p pump cummins I eventually want to go to school to be a diesel mech. Sorry again corpo love the truck and I was gunna ask about the rims who did you have put the tires on? Aren't those the 3 piece rims?

No worries ...i dont care.. its all relevant conversation anyway

As far as the rims go.. yes the rears are 3 piece rims and the fronts are currently a 1 piece locking ring style rim... There are lots of places that will mount them still.. just need to take them to a big truck place

I actually have a plan to make 1 piece front rims just to put my mind at ease.. if a rear let go it would be captured by the other rim/tire..

The 3 piece rims I have are actually one of the better designs and are sought out by the restorers.. I picked mine up from a guy over at KB.. and talked to some restorers that have been looking for a set of this style for years... over 5 years.. fortunately for me they are in great shape

The ones that really need to be avoided are the firestone RH5degree style rims.. they snapped together in the center and did not age well.. and from what I have read were even pretty dangerous when they were new, but for some reason they were used for many years and were pretty common..

Latest posts

Back