1960 Comet build...planning stages still. Lets get this sorted, shall we?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty stoked! Still moving along, slowly but surely. More parts on order, waiting for those to get here. Within the next few weeks we'll trailer the car to Pat's place where she'll get fitted with a new exhaust, new leaf springs, brake cables and a service of the clutch (hoping it's just the spring that needs some lovin), a new windsheild, *possibly* some tinted windows and a paint job inside and out (interior red will get a makeover to match the red of the roof). Tomorrow I've got a guy coming over to measure out the car for new sound/speakers/goodness. There'll be a cd/mp3/ipod player in the trunk along with a decent sound system (nothing too ridiculous) that I'll be able to control via remote from the front, keeping the dash looking original and sexy. It's getting too cold here to do much in my unheated garage, but Pat's place is nice and warm. Hopefully we can get as much done as possible before I take off to Australia the end of November (I'll be gone until February). And should be done early next year!

Drum Roll please!!!! Look what came in the mail this afternoon
IMG_41911.jpg

Which means! it's time to pack everything up and place it oh so nicely in the car...and trailer her off to paint! She'll also get all put back together while I'm away. Pat's got a heated shed, so it'll be nicer to do the last minute stuff there rather than my cold garage. I leave for Australia in just over two weeks, so still trying to work as much as I can on her while I'm here.

Well, today they came and took the Comet away. She's now in Pat's shop waiting for paint and to be put back together. I leave for Australia on Thursday so from this point out I'll be checking in on it via email. Then, when I get back in February there'll be the finishing touches that will be left to me...the door panel inserts, wrapping the seats and some other stuff. Pat figures he'll have it painted by Christmas...I'm thinking it'll be a bit sooner. He's had it in his shop for less than 8 hours and has the engine timed and the rest of the car sanded down. It goes off for custom exhaust this week as well as a service on the clutch. Exciting times!
IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

These photos are a couple weeks old, just haven't had the time to get onto a laptop much. (too busy surfing and fishing...and working haha). The car is all primed up and *should* be in for exhaust soon. Pat was aiming to have it painted by the time New Years rolled around but it got too cold so he had to put it off some. Anyways...here's some shoddy cell phone photos that I was sent!:

IMG_50741_zpsa161d822.jpg

IMG_50751_zps0df6826f.jpg

IMG_50761_zps8dcc08b9.jpg

There's a few big 'billy shows coming up in February, and I'll be at most of them. I've got some photos of some cars that have been driving around but I'm going to save them all for one massive post upon my return to Canada mid-late March.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday Season!

Most certainly do! I'm in the south of Australia, in Victoria. Waters get a bit cooler here than up north. The last few days, though, the temp has ranged between low 80s all the way to low 100s....so good beach weather!

Cell phone pics are not a problem, it keeps us up to date with the progress.
Sounds like you're having a good time.

Latest posts

Back