29-30 model a body floor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcamno83

i have just bought a model a body was originally a four door but the front doors are gone along with the all the floor structure so its basically pieces the front cowl the rear doors and the back half i was trying to get some ideas on how to make it a solid piece with bracing and to put a floor in it.any help will be great thanks trying to get some pics uploaded of what i have

have no frame yet was debating if i should build one or try and find a model a frame im tring to get pics of the inside loaded but theres really nothing on the inside the cowl has some bracing but mostly all gone

hot

it looks hot the way you have it mocked up. i put my '30 tudor body back together by replacing the wood with 1x1 square tube. brace the cowl and back half seperatly. at first run the legs long soyou can level and square them to each other

Attachments

• 1st mock up june09 058.jpg
    1st mock up june09 058.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 38
4 to 2 dr

check out my 4 to 2 door conversion, we cut out the rotten stufff and built a floor cage out of 1/2'' and 1 1/2'' and 2'' square tubing and then the floorpans will be welded to the cage and then we will make mounts to bolt it all together.
and heres a couple cool pic of a chopped A's l found online. do a search, l did and was surprised how many people have done this conversion.
also wahoo172 is shorting a 34 dodge sedan, check his out for ideas.

later

Attachments

• 01%20outside%20026.jpg
    01%20outside%20026.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 140
  • dodge in backyard 1.jpg
    dodge in backyard 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 26
  • dodge in backyard 2.jpg
    dodge in backyard 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 26
  • short dodge.jpg
    short dodge.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 32
  • short dodge. 1jpg.jpg
    short dodge. 1jpg.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 25
think im starting to get some ideas for it now.so if i just weld 1x1 stock to the body and around and connect them together through cross bars it should be strong enough to support when put it on a frame i hope

thickness

think im starting to get some ideas for it now.so if i just weld 1x1 stock to the body and around and connect them together through cross bars it should be strong enough to support when put it on a frame i hope

remove what's left of the wood and measure the the area were the wood was to determine tubing size the thicker the wall the stronger the stronger the tubing

sometimes it's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together , stay with it you'll figure it out , mine was all rotted and missing as well . [;)

Latest posts

Back