37 gmc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as usual just when I start working on my project someone calls wanting something-this time a toe pincher coffin bookcase. I did manage to get the door more centered up-but that's about it. Still checking on the s-10 frame thing-no clear answer on that yet. here's a couple pics ogf the coffin so far.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 41
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 43
Well got the coffin done and a few honey do projects so I finally got back to the truck cab this weekend. I finally got the drivers door lined back up and the cab squared back up. Wow that was a job, lots of trial and error-but I finally got it looking pretty good. I welded quite a few braces in it, to hold it and in preperation for the top chop. I'm going to put a few more in before I actually chop the top.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 29
I feel your pain of lining all that up, and bracing it all...
Fun part is trying to work around said braces... banged my head, and elbows enough times...

That coffin looks awesome!

I feel your pain of lining all that up, and bracing it all...
Fun part is trying to work around said braces... banged my head, and elbows enough times...

That coffin looks awesome!

Thanks DR-I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong, I would get the bottom lined up and then the top would be out. Then I'd get the top looking good and the bottom would be all out of whack. I'm just glad the passengers side floor board held together-that made it a bunch easier!

Got some time to do a little patch work over the past couple days. I'm not really sure how the bottom of the body line was suppose to be-there was nothing left of it. So I pretty much just connect the corners where there were pieces of the floor pan left. I think the angle may be a little to severe-but I don't know if it will even show with the fenders and running boards. Any input? After I patched everything in I tacked the old cans on for that vintage look-then sprayed it down with some salt water to get the rust processs going.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 30
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 29
Which angle are you referring too? Everything looks fine to me.... Not sure you needed to do the salt water. It should rust just fine without it!!

I'm talking about from the edge of the cowl to right in front of the door. It will probably look better once I get the rockers on under the door.

Did some more work on the cab last night. The cab corner was pretty messed up as you can see-I would have finished welding it in but not only did I run out of argon but I also ran out of wire,guess it really doesn't matter you can't weld without either one. I think the corner looks pretty close to being like it was-there wasn't much left to go off of-so I did some "educated" guessing!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 22
37 chebby

Mr. Tattoo Freak , awesome dude u are doing a fine job. I really like the skull is the back bone going to run down center of the grill. I really dig your work. U wouldn't know where I could buy an ole shovel or pan head would u. Have to ask are u unless out ? I have full shirt myself. Tattoo keep up good work and the blog. (The Outlaw) :D

Mr. Tattoo Freak , awesome dude u are doing a fine job. I really like the skull is the back bone going to run down center of the grill. I really dig your work. U wouldn't know where I could buy an ole shovel or pan head would u. Have to ask are u unless out ? I have full shirt myself. Tattoo keep up good work and the blog. (The Outlaw) :D

Outlaw-prices on shovles are going up around here-couple years ago I was picking them up cheap-not so much any more. panheads still high dollar bikes.Ironheads seem to be the cheapest route to go right now. Thanks for the comps on my work so far. As for the tats-double sleeved-left chest,other misc. Got the nick name more as a joke-I started getting tats a long time ago-before it was the "in thing" and the older guys I worked with called me all sorts of names-now I'm one of the older guys!

Didn't get a lot done over the week end-had a family emergency. I did manage to finish the cab corner. I also built a plant stand out of an old walk plank and some old farm plow parts.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Haven't made much progress lately,been having a really hard time. A good buddy went in for back surgery a couple weeks ago, had some complications which snowballed and he ended up passing away last week. He was a great guy and only 42-rip Dave. Then in the midst of all that my woman tells me she wants to leave-yea she's pretty cold. Anyway got a little done-installed the rocker on the drivers side-didn't turn out too bad seeing as there was nothing much left of them at all. So I think the drivers side is pretty much done-the door is on a small bind at the bottom hinge-but that should be a easy fix.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
Work looks good on the patch work, I like the use of the old tins...
Sorry to hear about your friend, that is crazy only 42... o_O
Also thats terrible about the woman leaving... Hope you find some sanity in the garage!

Latest posts

Back