45' Dodge Windsheild crank idea?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbchopped

I am trying to finish up my 45' dodge truck in the next 2 weeks so it will be ready for the nsra show in springfield, mo in a few weeks. Im down to the last few small jobs and was wondering if i could get a few ideas. I got my windsheild frame cut down to match my chop and everything worked out great. My origianal gear mechanism that raised the windsheild in out out is shot. All the gears are wore smooth. Whats some ideas that you guys have used that work to hold the windsheild out about 6 inches? I will post pics of the truck sometime this week. Its been awhile.

I have even thought of something similar to the rod of a large C clamp but it has to curve up to allow the windsheild to move. Its funny, but i havent had to put this much thought into anything on the truck and I built everything but the cab and grille from scratch!

why dont you just do it like some of the earlier trucks/cars did it.. with to slides on the A pillars and manual knobs to tighten the sliders.. push it out how you want it and tighten the knobs...

I didnt explain this very well.. let me see if I can dig up a pic of something..

C-clamp idea will work. Just make yourself a rectangular block with a tapped hole for the C-clamp screw to go through, or use the end of the C-clamp.

Then at 90 degrees to the tapped hole and above it drill a second non-taped hole, put a shaft through it and mount it. That way when you turn out the screw the little block will change angles and allow the screw to move up and out with the windshield.

Hope the makes sense.

I will try to get some because I finally got it on the road today. I plan on driving it to Springfield Mo this weekend for NSRA show for it madden voyage. 3 hour tour for its first run maybe fun! We will see.

Latest posts

Back