46 Pontiac 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the looks of what you have going....

I'd hardly say you are retired.....nice to do something you love isn't it? Makes it all worthwhile....beats the heck out going to work and hating your job for 30 years.... your old man should be proud....

I'd hardly say you are retired.....nice to do something you love isn't it? Makes it all worthwhile....beats the heck out going to work and hating your job for 30 years.... your old man should be proud....

He is, he just like's to keep me on my feet.lol Just like my buddy shakey56 on here. I do love what Im doing, makes a work day like a fun day (some times..lol).

For sure......

I see this thread and feel like a hack. RAW does some sweet work for sure.

takes this kind of work to slap me back to reality at times...LOL...
I guess we all do our best and some are just a wee bit more talented than others.....but it's sharing this stuff with each other that helps us improve....thanks RAW for sharing....

takes this kind of work to slap me back to reality at times...LOL...
I guess we all do our best and some are just a wee bit more talented than others.....but it's sharing this stuff with each other that helps us improve....thanks RAW for sharing....

Not a problem, I think everyone has talent on here. It dont matter if it's this forum or a pro-touring forum, Im always learning on all of them, but one of the best things that has helped me is having patience.

Oh Lord.....

, but one of the best things that has helped me is having patience.

Patience.....the thing/emotion: that cause one NOT to fling a rachet across the shop (yelling profanities and uninteligable words) when the second to the last bolt (of the 5 you've already successfully removed with ease and deperately need to come out in one piece) suddenly snaps off leaving the threads of the bolt lying significantly below the surface of the part you are trying to reach.

Yes.....I have Patience....sort of....Not! Therein lies the problem....can you teach me some of that too?....

Patience.....the thing/emotion: that cause one NOT to fling a rachet across the shop (yelling profanities and uninteligable words) when the second to the last bolt (of the 5 you've already successfully removed with ease and deperately need to come out in one piece) suddenly snaps off leaving the threads of the bolt lying significantly below the surface of the part you are trying to reach.

Yes.....I have Patience....sort of....Not! Therein lies the problem....can you teach me some of that too?....

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAD THAT LAST BOLT PROBLEM!!:p

Sorry I digress from the build thread.....

I have a tendency to ramble.....it's 11:35 here....I've been off work for over 1/2 hour and got wound up....sorry....I return you to the build section...I'll be 10-42 for the night......10-42..Off Duty....

RAW Rods

I have to say the young man is unbelievably talented. Everything you see, he does himself....by himself! He has learned everything on his own. His work ethic is far above anyone I've ever known.

And in addition to that, the kid (I can call him that, lol) doesn't cuss, drink or smoke. I've been around a long time and I'm honored to be his friend.

Now.....get back to work.[;):rolleyes:

Lynn

I have to say the young man is unbelievably talented. Everything you see, he does himself....by himself! He has learned everything on his own. His work ethic is far above anyone I've ever known.

And in addition to that, the kid (I can call him that, lol) doesn't cuss, drink or smoke. I've been around a long time and I'm honored to be his friend.

Now.....get back to work.[;):rolleyes:

Lynn

I'm Working I'm working...lol

I even got one hose on today. Seems like all I did was run back and forth all day just to find the right Radiator Hose's with the right bends. Still didnt find one to work for the top. I did get the bottom on to work after some cutting and more cutting.
46pontiac303.jpg

Just clears the A/C.
46pontiac306.jpg

46pontiac307.jpg

46pontiac305.jpg

And I picked up the fluids and the sony head unit and speakers.
46pontiac308.jpg

I cut and I cut and I cut....

and it's still too short!!! ...

I bought a set of those cheap metal flex hoses with the rubber insert / adapters and such for my pontiac...from Summit..didn't like the looks but it was the fastest way to get it ready to drive at the time...I have since removed them, I took the formed metal ones down to the parts store (still bent into the right shape and length) and just kept checking until I found some the same or close to...I wonder if you just bought a set and used them un-cut to get the right shape and length (mask off the tube at the right length) then use them like a template so to speak when you go into the parts store looking for a hose to fit......you do a whole lot more fab and such than I and I would think it would be of some benefit to you....

and it's still too short!!! ...

I bought a set of those cheap metal flex hoses with the rubber insert / adapters and such for my pontiac...from Summit..didn't like the looks but it was the fastest way to get it ready to drive at the time...I have since removed them, I took the formed metal ones down to the parts store (still bent into the right shape and length) and just kept checking until I found some the same or close to...I wonder if you just bought a set and used them un-cut to get the right shape and length (mask off the tube at the right length) then use them like a template so to speak when you go into the parts store looking for a hose to fit......you do a whole lot more fab and such than I and I would think it would be of some benefit to you....

take a wire coat hanger. form it up like you need. center of opening to center of opening. now you got a form to go by. take that to the parts store.

I have used the Coat hanger deal and its ok for some bends and straight's. The problem you get with coat hangers is you dont have the circumference of the hose you need and there for you get in trouble around close objects (not always but some times).

Like sgtpontiac said above its good to keep some old hose's for mock up. I keep diffrent size bends and pipe size's to slide together to get a form that works best for me. Then I take that to the parts store's and see what's close to my design. Still not always a 100% either because you have to deal with what the parts store has in stock or whats close and you have to cut down.

My last resort is using the Custom stuff that flex's. I just dont like how they look under the hood (looks out of place). I like stuff to look factory, more headach but worth it in the end.

My last resort is using the Custom stuff that flex's. I just dont like how they look under the hood (looks out of place). I like stuff to look factory, more headach but worth it in the end.

yeah, I agree, I didn't like how it looked...even on the 63 it looked out of place and hokey.....the black rubber looks factory...only reason I needed it was I put in an aluminum radiator that was bigger than the stock one...inlet and outlet were just enough out of stock location to cause me an issue....I like your idea better....and it's cheaper which is always good![cl

Well every thing is pretty much done under the hood (yes it runs). Other then lost of cleaning. We put the hood back on for good so now all I've got to do is wash the dust off and put it on the trailer and get the exhaust put on. So for now here is how she looks.

46pontiac310.jpg

46pontiac311.jpg

46pontiac314.jpg

46pontiac322.jpg

46pontiac323.jpg

Last edited:
Poncho

Turned out great, buddy. I am sure it will get a lot of attention at the show on Jan. 14. A lot of people would love to have a good driver built like this one. I'm sure you'll get some new customers. Your "stock" is goin up....LOL. Good job![cl[cl[cl

Lynn

Yeah... that pretty much says it.

Turned out great, buddy. I am sure it will get a lot of attention at the show on Jan. 14. A lot of people would love to have a good driver built like this one. I'm sure you'll get some new customers. Your "stock" is goin up....LOL. Good job![cl[cl[cl

Lynn

Thanks guys, I too hope others enjoy what we have done to the car. I'll try to get you all some better picture's after I get it all cleaned up and outside.

Latest posts

Back