'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what you guys are telling me is I'm cheap, hard headed and set in my ways. Nothing I haven't heard before.

I picked up a shaft off a '95 two wheel drive for $15 and new u-joints today.
Cutting will commence soon.

Got the pig tail for my transmission today and got that part finished up.

Got my $50 seats installed. Fits my arse just fine. A little carpet cleaner and they should clean up pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3663.jpg
    IMG_3663.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 48
Oh heck Yeah!!

Seats look great....if you do that shaft yourself maybe you'll just have to balance it....or it might not need anything...good luck on that....as usual...keep us advised....."there is an Arse for every seat"...or is that..."there is a seat for every arse"?? lol...:D Either way....they look good....

I hear you on the shaft. The last one I did is still running after 10 plus years.
Maybe dumb luck. We'll see how this one turns out. So far I've got $84 in it.

Seats look great POPS and with your skill set I have no doubt that you will do fine on the drive shaft. I have cut down a few and welded them up my self with no problems. A lot easier than making them from scratch.
[P [P [P
Torchie

"So what you guys are telling me is I'm cheap, hard headed and set in my ways. Nothing I haven't heard before." [ddd
Wouldn't have ya any other way [cl
Seats look good.
I don't have any room to talk, I did my own drive shaft too :cool:

Seats look great POPS and with your skill set I have no doubt that you will do fine on the drive shaft. I have cut down a few and welded them up my self with no problems. A lot easier than making them from scratch.
[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie. I think the reason people are getting over $300 for a drive shaft is that everyone thinks they have to be dead on to work. I've built a couple on top of a good flat welding table and a dial indicator to get the ends straight. Get them clocked right, a good even weld and it's all good.

"So what you guys are telling me is I'm cheap, hard headed and set in my ways. Nothing I haven't heard before." [ddd
Wouldn't have ya any other way [cl
Seats look good.
I don't have any room to talk, I did my own drive shaft too :cool:

Thanks Old Iron. I just don't believe everything I hear. Besides it's more fun to build it and spend that money on something else.

seats look kind of like what i am putting in tha auburn. It sounds like you are almost ready for a "cruise" . Keep up the good work my friend.

'm not to thrilled that they came out of a Mitsubishi but hey, they were only 50 bucks. Getting close and getting antsy.

I 'm not to thrilled that they came out of a Mitsubishi but hey, they were only 50 bucks. Getting close and getting antsy.

I have some Sentra seats for whatever gets closer to the finish line first. They are a whole lot better and more comfy than the S-10 seats I bought prior to finding these. Who's gonna know? Those that matter won't mind ...

I have some Sentra seats for whatever gets closer to the finish line first. They are a whole lot better and more comfy than the S-10 seats I bought prior to finding these. Who's gonna know? Those that matter won't mind ...

I'm all about comfort and they are that. So they will be fine.

Not much happening on this thing lately. Life has reared it's ugly head again.
My youngest son has a 7 year old son that has been in the hospital for the last 8 days. He's having really bad head aches and dizzy to the point of falling.

They have run every test I have heard of and a bunch that I haven't and can't say what's causing it.

So I've been getting the other kids to school and picking them up. Just gotta do what I can to help where I can.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.
They still haven't pinned it down to any one thing but he seems to be doing a little better. Maybe something that is just running it's coarse.

It's really hard on every one when you can't get any answers, especially when it come to kids.

I'm thinking he will come home tomorrow. Poor kid has missed 23 days of school and is really tired of being laid up.

I slipped out to the shop and got the rear brakes redone with all new hard ware, brake shoes and freshly turned drums.

I also stuck my Garmin GPS on the dash for a temporary speed odometer.
Getting ready for that illusive first ride.

Attachments

• IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3673.jpg
    IMG_3673.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back