50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to run propane injection?

gold03

Yes, the donor vehicle I bought as a total, and it had a roush conversion on a 5.4 Ford engine.. so I have everything that would have been on the motor, harness, ecm.

The plan is to be the first liquid injected propane rat, and to have something different...
There are posts further back in this thread showing/explaining the plans..

I was thinking a slide out, but too much other crap to finish up before I get on to the fun stuff...
I'm hoping I can build one area in the trunk as a fridge area, and then on the other side have a slide out grille form under the bumper.

Not much gas in the tank tonight, made 2 pieces for the floor, did some final measuring for the heavy brackets to mount the tank to the frame, going to finish up the sketches tomorrow for the pieces I need to cut to weld to the frame.

I also picked up a couple bushings to go with the thompson shaft I have laying around, going to use it for the brake pedal pivot once I make the block to house the bushings...

You keep more progress rolling on your rat than any person I know. I can go like stink for a while then just get burnt and step away for a while. Currently I have been basically stepped away for almost 3-4 months. Think its about time to change that, just been too dang cold.

So the slide out grill would be cool. Maybe you could find like an old camper cook top for cheap and build some sort of shelf slider for that. That could be handy....

Out here in the desert we just throw a burrito in foil
on top of the motor.

A warm burrito and a cold beer. Food for the soul.

POPS

Lots of nice fabrication going on down at your place, DR.

Back in my early work years I would write "Field Fabricate to Fit" on lots of my drawings. The shop guys would get a big laugh out of that. I learned if they built to my print in the shop, sometimes it wouldn't fit in the field. Right Neverdone?

Well, I control all the variables, I'm going to cut the pieces for the mounts tonight, and bring them home to test fit on the frame. Then bring them back to transfer holes and what not when I modify the mounts on the tank... Believe me, there will be some test fitting along the way, but yea I hear you.

If you don't control all the tolerances, you definitely have fitment issues =)

Not a whole lot of time for the rat tonight, but anyhow

Took a pic of a couple of the floor pieces I cut out of old shelving units.

And a couple mock up pics of the tank mounts, the risers will go at the end, I had to put them toward the middle to support the upper piece so it didn't slide down the frame.

Anyhow couple pics to keep people happy :D

Attachments

• DSC05020.jpg
    DSC05020.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC05021.jpg
    DSC05021.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC05022.jpg
    DSC05022.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts