Alabama tags,

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
Guess what guys?! it use to be if ya wanted a tag in alabama , just show up with your paper work, and get you tag, well not anymore , now you have to bring your car or truck that is pre -74 no title car to be inspected! now they have to see the vin tag on the car or truck!!!therefor it must be running and driving! AND HERES THE REASON WHY!!!!
Some stupid woman!!! was buying tags for mexican illegals !!!!! and when the state caught on the issued this law!!! now when you buy a pre 74 or even worse a prewar project its got to have a visible vin#!!!!
now who wants to buy abunch of part cars cause thats all they are worth now!!!! no more title works here unless they will send you a vin plate!!:mad:

I'm not sure I understood all that, but I see why your upset. So does it have to be 'inspected' or do they just check the VIN?

I called a friend that works at the DMV and she said if you don't have the correct vin number for the car/truck That the state man will come out and inspect it and issue you a vin# not real sure what all they will inspect. Not sure this is going to be too much fun trying to get a tag for my model a coupe. I hate to hear all this. We had it made for a long time

I'm not sure I understood all that, but I see why your upset. So does it have to be 'inspected' or do they just check the VIN?
the car or truck must have a visible stock vin plate

I called a friend that works at the DMV and she said if you don't have the correct vin number for the car/truck That the state man will come out and inspect it and issue you a vin# not real sure what all they will inspect. Not sure this is going to be too much fun trying to get a tag for my model a coupe. I hate to hear all this. We had it made for a long time

yeah tiny they will issue you a new one but it must meet the dot road safety standard, and it will be titled as what ever year they inspect it!!!!

turn signals wipers fenders so on and so on!
so your model a is a 2000 what ever now!

Yeah thats what she was telling me. I Wished they would do like Mississippi and have a street rod tag not sure how it works but sure see a lot of them around. Some how I'm going to tag it as a 1930 model A

Yeah thats what she was telling me. I Wished they would do like Mississippi and have a street rod tag not sure how it works but sure see a lot of them around. Some how I'm going to tag it as a 1930 model A

Model A's have the engine serial number stamped on the frame. There is no VIN, Body, or any other number on an A body.
You will probaly just have to buy a Model A frame and get a title for that.

Model A's have the engine serial number stamped on the frame. There is no VIN, Body, or any other number on an A body.
You will probaly just have to buy a Model A frame and get a title for that.

here in alabama they dont require a title for pre74 cars, the frame would have to be attached to the car, i has to be present on the car, and visiable

Sounds like Broadway Title is out of business now.

yeah because someone had to make some money off illegals! instead of doing what was right!!
the LOVE OF MONEY the root of all evil, get us again!!

whats crazier is the woman lives in one of the riches neighborhoods in Hoover alabama!

I got the frame that came with the coupe i will look and see if i can find the numbers. Was thinkin about selling the frame better hang on too it.

Rev Its been coming for a while we were too far behind the rest of the states . They were missing out on some extra money you know how it is.

I got the frame that came with the coupe i will look and see if i can find the numbers. Was thinkin about selling the frame better hang on too it.

Rev Its been coming for a while we were too far behind the rest of the states . They were missing out on some extra money you know how it is.

You're probably right Tiny1 about the money. I'm sure that's one of the top 2 reasons. The other is the legality of registering a car or truck with anothers title. Here in Gestapoville, we have to jump thru hoops for the entertainment of the DMVer's. Then maybe we can become registered if we're lucky, and then we get to do it again in 2 more years! I sent my wife to pick up a title change and a tag for my truck and 37. She came back with the new title for my 94 Chevy truck and a tag and new title for my 37 Chevy SEDAN that was now registered as a 37 Chevy PICKUP![S Talk about some fun times trying to get that changed. They said I was trying to "pull something over on them"![cl....CR

Look on the top of the drivers side frame rail about where the cowl mounts.
Should start with a "Star" A ####### "Star"

Sounds like Broadway Title is out of business now.

Well ****!!!!! :mad: :mad: Freakin Fascist *******s!!!!! When are we gonna stand up and take back our rights guys????????? This is pure ********!!!!

Guess I'm gonna scrap my truck now. :confused::(

If anybody talks to Broadway in person about this BS be sure to post your results. I'd really like to know how this effects them and their services offered to us.

Thanks!

T1

Last edited:
Hey Tiny1 - I killed another thread apparently!!

I should have kept my mouth shut because this one was important! Oh well!

T1

naw man you didnt kill it! you can only say so much on the subject!
we just have to know the rules and new info so we can continue!
i will be letting yall know soon, i got to go to the court house and get my tags for the 42 truck! soon as i go back to work!

I bought a bucket T from Tennesse with a title and bill of sale. It wasn't driveable at the time, but I have made enough repairs to get it road worthy and needed to get a tag and insurance. I took the bill of sale and title to the court house and was told it would need a vehicle inspection. I asked about having it inspected by the local law enforcement, which they have a form to do so. I got that done and returned. The lady said as long as the bill of sale has the same VIN as the title, which she did not need, I could get a tag. The TN title is still in the original owners name and the vehicle has a VIN on it.
I got a vintage tag, one time purchase, which does not allow me to drive it for work or transportation. Other than the counties corruption and stealing of money that shut down all but 2 or 3 of the court houses, I would say I did not have a problem. Maybe this will shed some light on the process, generating some creative paths for getting a tag.

good luck,

Thanks Rev & Railroad - As you know, I'm in Tennessee and I have a 51 Ford cab with a VIN # but no title. I was hoping to use Broadway to get one eventually. Now what the hell do I do??? Tennessee's laws suck so bad regarding this sort of thing and getting a title here is damn near impossible in my situation. Unless somebody knows something I don't - I'm outta options if I can't get a title and might as well scrap the cab and forget it. I'm seriously hacked off over this as we all should be!

Yes - we need to find out more and see what can be done to get past this Nazi B.S.!!

T1

Thanks Rev & Railroad - As you know, I'm in Tennessee and I have a 51 Ford cab with a VIN # but no title. I was hoping to use Broadway to get one eventually. Now what the hell do I do??? Tennessee's laws suck so bad regarding this sort of thing and getting a title here is damn near impossible in my situation. Unless somebody knows something I don't - I'm outta options if I can't get a title and might as well scrap the cab and forget it. I'm seriously hacked off over this as we all should be!

Yes - we need to find out more and see what can be done to get past this Nazi B.S.!!

T1

broadway would most likely work for you there, alabama has changed, i use to be able to get a tag with just a bill of sale, even if th car didnt run,, no more now!must be a running and driving, so now i cant seel a car out of state with clear registation, if it doesnt run! that hurts me cause i sell alot to out of state folks! no more projects,, now they will have to be turn key cars! or people wont be able to title them in their states! cause thats the only way i can tag them now!

broadway would most likely work for you there, alabama has changed, i use to be able to get a tag with just a bill of sale, even if th car didnt run,, no more now!must be a running and driving, so now i cant seel a car out of state with clear registation, if it doesnt run! that hurts me cause i sell alot to out of state folks! no more projects,, now they will have to be turn key cars! or people wont be able to title them in their states! cause thats the only way i can tag them now!

Thanks Rev. I'm pretty sure your right - I just checked Broadway's site and I see no reason why they still couldn't continue to work for guys like me. WHEW!!! :D Their prices have gone through the roof since I checked last but I'm not complaining at this point. It's worth every penny! [cl

It's the people in NORTH CAROLINA, GEORGIA, and ALABAMA, ALASKA and Hawaii, who still can't use them.

Fuzz - As for going through the DMV in Tennessee for this - That would be a nightmare I'd rather not have to deal with. It's way too much BS but thanks for the suggestion.

T1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back