another newb from VA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes48

Banned
Hey folks,
I found your site from the Stoveblolt.com cause I am working on a 1948 Chevy pickup. I want to go Hot/Rat rod and trying to get some ideas. I like the "Grung" look but the Rat rod has been around alot longer.
When I can post some pics , Ill will.
Thanx for the work you do on this site!

Mike

Welcome to RRR!

Gotta ask: what's the "Grung" look? [S And if you meant 'grunge' - what is that and how's it different than a rat? (New ideas take awhile to reach me under my rock. :eek:)

Either way, let's see some pictures!

Hey Sam, "GRUNGE" is a vehicle that has a faded paintjob or original , airbagged (or lowered someway), pitted chrome the more original the better but with new drivetrain ,brakes, . Its a lot like ratrod but not so many diffrent parts added in. My '48 has the new 327 and 350turbo, disk brakes and 10 bolt rearend but it still has the original wood in the bed, original frame, bench seat and steeringwheel, but I can drive it anywhere. Its gonna be painted the "olschool" semiflat black and the inside is painted with rattlecan gloss red dash and gloss black on the rest. RATRODS are GREAT but I want my Chevy to look old but drive new.
Ill try to send some pics.
HAGD

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is gonna be the trunk for the back of my '48 . It's an original 30/40s box to carry our bags and chairs when we stay out of town on cruzes .
Mike

Man you guys are great! Thanx for the welcome.
Here in Lynchburg, we have cruze nite just about every Sat. from April thru Sept. Come on down or up some time and we will show you around!

Mike

Welcome

Welcome to RRR from another Va guy, I've been hanging out here for about 2 years, maybe longer, any questions you have, all the gang will try to help out, and by the way I'm in Roanoke, welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back