Another Oklahoma New Guy Finally Says Hello

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troyster

Hello to everyone! I really enjoy seeing all the projects here! I grew up in SE OK and was away for a few years while in the Navy. When I was younger I had a 1951 Chevy Bel Air 2dr hardtop with a 54 model 235 straight 6. I drove it during my last two years of high school and when I graduated my Dad and I put in on a 1976 monte carlo frame with a sbc 350. It took me to Chicago, IL and Long Beach, CA while serving our great country. After the service I raced dirt circle track for a few years and it set around so I sold it. I worked construction as a pipe welder and now I am a maintenance mechanic at a power plant. I have a 54 Chevy 5 window truck that was my Dads. I rode in it when I was in diapers and plan on redoing it some day. I have been wanting to build something and use it as a daily driver going to work and back. Saw some cool rats at a car show and thought that would be great. I have a 93 S10 that I finally quit driving that has nearly 300,000 miles on it. Also have a 54 3 window cab and chasis that Im thinking of using with S10 parts and a 4.3 V6 to help on gas mileage. ???? A mid 30s to early 40s truck or an early 30s sedan would be great as a cruiser. I have been doing a lot of reading here getting ideas and taking lottts of notes. Hope to find something soon and get started building. Thanks to everyone!:cool:[;)

I grew up at Owasso, Oklahoma. Good job Sooners!

Fact is I took my folks out for a drive when I was back this fall. my Dad said he had'nt been down the old scenic drive for a while(they are in their 80's) We had Dinner in Tahequah then cruzed down to Lake Tenkiller, I think thats hwy 82. Any way brought back lots of memories from 40+ years ago.[P

Where in Ok? I grew up in Checotah, and transplanted here to Arkansas in 85. On a side note, cause the game is on....BOOMER SOONER

Born and raised in Hugo, now living in McAlester. Today I heard about a gentleman that is supposed to have a lot of cool stuff, cars and other things. Going to go find him saturday and see what he has. Maybe something has my name on it.

Welcome Troyster,

Inola, just east of tulsa here..grew up street racing in Claremore..My ex and my 13 yr old son live in Antlers..Drove thru McAlester and had lunch with him in Hugo just couple weeks ago..

Tim

Tim, I raced a bunch of guys from Clarmore back in about 1968-1971, Clarmore in 14 mile east of my folks farm on old hwy. 20 and old hwy 169. If you know were the German Corner is I grew up in the Gibble Gas Station on German Corner- corner of old Hwy. 20,old Hwy 75, and old hwy 169. They (hwy.) all been moved to by- past Collinsville. German Corner name came from my Great Grandpa, He founded the German Church(Menonite Brethern) on the No./west corner in 1914, I grew-up on my Grand parents farm/ and gas station that was on the North/ west side of the German Corner. Garth Brooks lives about two miles east of my folks. Guess I run off at the mouth enought already.

Tim, I raced a bunch of guys from Clarmore back in about 1968-1971, Clarmore in 14 mile east of my folks farm on old hwy. 20 and old hwy 169. If you know were the German Corner is I grew up in the Gibble Gas Station on German Corner- corner of old Hwy. 20,old Hwy 75, and old hwy 169. They (hwy.) all been moved to by- past Collinsville. German Corner name came from my Great Grandpa, He founded the German Church(Menonite Brethern) on the No./west corner in 1914, I grew-up on my Grand parents farm/ and gas station that was on the North/ west side of the German Corner. Garth Brooks lives about two miles east of my folks. Guess I run off at the mouth enought already.

Cool, yeah i know where German Corner is..I grew up about about 5 miles north of Claremore, now live about 6 miles S/SE of Claremore,between Tiawah and Inola..

Tim

Born and raised in Hugo, now living in McAlester. Today I heard about a gentleman that is supposed to have a lot of cool stuff, cars and other things. Going to go find him saturday and see what he has. Maybe something has my name on it.

Let me guess, up north of Broken Bow and goes by the name Moses? He's usually got some neat stuff. There's also a couple places off 70 between Hugo and Durant.

Any ways, welcome to the site! I spent most of my life around Paris, TX, but right now I'm only a part time resident and in central Florida at the moment.

If you ever get down to Paris stop by Morbid Rodz and check it out. There's usually some neat stuff there.

Let me guess, up north of Broken Bow and goes by the name Moses? He's usually got some neat stuff. There's also a couple places off 70 between Hugo and Durant.

Any ways, welcome to the site! I spent most of my life around Paris, TX, but right now I'm only a part time resident and in central Florida at the moment.

If you ever get down to Paris stop by Morbid Rodz and check it out. There's usually some neat stuff there.

I lived in Paris for a while too. My wife is from Blossom.
Dinokruz, I have a build thread in the builds section. Look for troysters 39 chevy. Im going kinda slow still workin on the cab.

Latest posts

Back