As hard as it is, I'm asking for Everyone's help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
I'm not asking for help for me, but for my step-son, Brandon Rice.
He is in the hospital in El Paso , Tx. Brandon is 15 years old, tuff as nails, and a heart made of gold. He is there because he maintains his long drown-out battle with the disease that ails him, Duchene M.D..

I am simply asking for prayers because his parents, nor his step-parents are ready for him to go be by the side of our Savior GOD ALMIGHTY.

I know it seems selfish, but I believe Brandon still has a lot of "fight" left in him. Yesterday he was complaining of chest pains, was taken to the E.R., and after sever tests over several hours it was determined that he had a mild heart attack.
Please put Brandon Rice on your prayer lists for us.

GOD bless you.

just for info purposes.....found this on the 'net

Muscular dystrophy is a group of hereditary diseases characterized by a progressive muscle weakness. One of them, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), affects one boy out of 3,500. There is currently no treatment for this disease.

(couldn't hardly believe the stats 1 in 3500 is pretty serious....)

I have Brandon and family on my prayer list for healing, strength and comfort. In Jesus name we pray..amen. May God bless you.

It is always so heart wrenching when some youngster is seriously ill. I feel absolutely horrible for you and your Family. My prayers go out to Brandon, and for all of you to have the strength to go through this terrible time.

Don

Thank you ALL...
You guys have no idea how much it means to me.

HotRod Preacher,
YES, 1 in 3500 boys inherit this disease (no girls)....From mother to son, which is another reason that my wife "Reason4" is taking it as hard as she is.

Again, thank you all soo very much.

FB, please tell the wife to be strong, strong for your beautiful boy Brandon, she should not be hard on herself at all, you folks are believers, and believing is not blaming ones self. We dont understand why and may never, but we are praying because HE is in control, and NO ONE is to blame. Please ask the misses not to blame herself but only to believe in the power of prayer. We are praying for all of you in your home, the doctors, hospital staff, everyone.

Dude, Im there for you. Years ago my daughter developed brain cancer. Through alot of prayers and alot of surgerys she is here to watch me build my truck. She may never be tall and never have hair but she is by my side. 9 years cancer free. I KNOW in 9 years you will send me and e-mail telling me you are right there with me. Call it Faith. So I am sending up my prayers along with the others.

Much Thanks

I can't thank everyone enough for all of the prayers.
My son Brandon is 15 and is at the end off this horrible disease. Nothing else can be done for him except for try to keep him out of pain that he has everyday. His heart is only functioning at 29%, his spine is so curved that the ribs on his left side touch his hipbone. His arms are so weak they can't pick up the weight of his hands. He has been in a wheelchair since 2005. This is a very cruel disease. Most of the boys that have DMD it is from the mother, some get it at gustation, that is how my son developed DMD, there is no family history nor are any of the females including myself and daughter that are carriers. It just happened.
He is doing much better, his blood pressure is low but that may be due to meds. Hospice came to his hospital room and evaluated him and accepted him, so now they will have oxygen and meds at his house he will need if and when this happens again. They may not be able to keep him in Hospice for long because Brandon is still in school, but he loves school and do not want to take that away from him until it is absoutly a must, then Hospice can be picked back up. He is getting ready to go home, he can't wait to get to his video games.

The hardest part through all of this is I am in Montgomery, Al and he is in El Paso, Tx. I saw him last when we all drove out the first part of June, that is a 2 day drive from here and after Abaline(sp?) Tx....there is nothing to see!
Again, thank you to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers!!

You can check out the site I have listed below, they give really good info on DMD if you are interested.

hey flat, i didn't mean to post that as an offense--hope it wasn't seen that way......
reason4 i can't even imagine the ache that you feel in this situation, so i won't try to claim or pretend to know what you feel......
i hope that through this all, there is a comfort and peace that can only come from knowing the LORD is there to sustain you.....
there is only one thing we can do, and that is pray--i tell people i "work with/counsel" that the best place to put anyone who's ill is simply in God's hands......
when we put the situation in God's hands, and trust him for the outcome, we are exercising faith.......

if there's anything I could say or do to help i'd try to....so if you want or need to talk at someone, or ask a question--PM me.....

HotRod Preacher,
No sir. I did not in any way take youre post as offensive in any way.

I promise.....

Once again, i just want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts..

You guys are the greatest.

Latest posts

Back