been meaning to share this photo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
i took this photo a few wks ago - it is part of my father in law's collection ...
IMG_7572.jpg

theres actually another wall full but theres a lot of stuff in front of that row so the pictures wouldnt be very good -- in the process of cleaning all of them up and moving them out to the building on his ranch... pretty cool.

Awesome collection. Some museums dont have cars that nice. Maybe when you start moving them you can make a video with some of the cars running and driving.

two of them have fiberglass front fenders and a couple have had the interior changed a bit but other than that theyre pretty much all original -- on that other wall theres an old tow truck, a disassembled model t - and around a 50s ish mercedes, buick, and - i forgot what else.. also 2 sandrail dune buggies a 60s boat and some other stuff -- i know hes not planning on keeping the mercedes - kinda hoping if i show interest he will pass it my way ;) but if not no big deal.

two of them have fiberglass front fenders and a couple have had the interior changed a bit but other than that theyre pretty much all original -- on that other wall theres an old tow truck, a disassembled model t - and around a 50s ish mercedes, buick, and - i forgot what else.. also 2 sandrail dune buggies a 60s boat and some other stuff -- i know hes not planning on keeping the mercedes - kinda hoping if i show interest he will pass it my way ;) but if not no big deal.
You might want to keep the Rat Rod thing a secret.

During the move, maybe one of them might get "lost" - ? ;)
He may not even notice.

haha - they dont get driven very much - started from time to time - and maybe moved a little - but they were his father and grandfather's collection -- so he really just wants to re-restore them back to how they were in the 70s - hes having them cleaned up and repainted - the interiors redone again - everything rechromed -- i dont know -- hes pretty crazy lol -- i know the mercedes wasnt part of the collection -i think his brother bought it as an engine donor for a different older car - so he has no problem getting rid of it --

There was one year mercedes that had to be the most gorgeous car ever built and it makes every other mercedes since look like "...meh" Cant remember the year something like 36-40?

Latest posts

Back