Can I use a 34 Ford axle kit on my 36 Ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6uzz6

My front end is shot. I can't seen to find a complete front axle kit for my 36 Tudor with disc brakes. Seems everyone sells them for 32-34. king pin to king pin measures about 51 inches. Can I make a 34 fit? What is the difference? Spd Wy offered a mustang II kit or new spindles and brake parts but not the whole axle kit.
Thanks

What do you mean "my front end is shot" what exactly is wrong with it? Maybe someone here has had the same problems and can give you a helpful answer.

It will work but it's not a direct swap. The '34 spring is over the axle and a '36 spring is in front. There should be plenty of options for a '36 ford, what exactly is wrong with the current setup?

1936-40 will work on your car. There are a lot of kits out there from cheap (speedway motors) to high end kits. If your running fenders the 1934 kit will throw your wheels to far front in the wheel openings. also with the spring over axle it will set the front of your car higher.

I have used the chassis engineering kits for the 1936-1940 fords and they works out pretty nice.

Latest posts

Back