chopped top s10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

well this is one just happened 1991 chopped cab with title 1993 4.3 5 speed a/c lowered was on road 3 weeks ago runs and drives good was t boned in door no what im thinking what do yall think?

Attachments

• ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 87
  • ch4.jpg
    ch4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 85
  • ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 94
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 69
  • blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 64
  • S10--1993 021.JPG
    S10--1993 021.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 61
  • red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61
  • red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 54
Looks like the top of the windshield was cut. So I assume the roof was widened. Looks like the side glass is now flat.

I say use the long bed and fenders with the chopped cab. Lower it s far as you can. Drive it.

the glass

well guys the glass was cut by someone I don't no but will try to find out. the sides are plexi glass don't like them but they are in there. they all are short beds thinking about taking the bed its has no dents in it grill, front bumper off of the red one just to keep it all black got them all 3-- 4 sale right now if no bites in about 3weeks im going to bust a move on them

I saw that yellow cab on Craigslist not long ago. I see your new ad up there, good luck with the sale. I have a 95 extended cab sonoma in pretty good shape that I'm parting out and it's taking way longer than I thought it would. Everything priced cheap but s10s are a dime a dozen.

If you were closer I'd like to have the topper off the red one lol. Heck maybe even the chopped cab for my S-one-oh.

Yes, lets hear about the glass!

from what I been told about cutting down a windshield, or any sort of laminated glass like that:

Score it like normal glass on one side and snap it on the outer layer. Dump lighter fluid on the seam and burn it quickly, this will melt the lamination then snap it the rest of the way through.

Not that that helps you guys much, but there used to be an old guy at the plant that could cut it. He did say that cutting a new windshield was easier than an old one. As the glass ages he claims it gets more brittle.

from what I been told about cutting down a windshield, or any sort of laminated glass like that:

Score it like normal glass on one side and snap it on the outer layer. Dump lighter fluid on the seam and burn it quickly, this will melt the lamination then snap it the rest of the way through.

Not that that helps you guys much, but there used to be an old guy at the plant that could cut it. He did say that cutting a new windshield was easier than an old one. As the glass ages he claims it gets more brittle.

Agreed with all of the above.
But i was under the impression that those front windshields were tempered not laminate.
Is that correct or not?
Torchie.

Agreed with all of the above.
But i was under the impression that those front windshields were tempered not laminate.
Is that correct or not?
Torchie.

Laminated, the idea is if you hit it hard from the inside you won't be throw it and end up getting run over by the car you were in. Also if it caught a rock the will crack and not shedder and throw the shards in your face. the bad thing is if you hit the laminated just hard enough to get your head throw you can't pull back out. makes a big mess and a lot of work for the rescue crew. :(

Latest posts

Back