Clothes do make the man !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Being single I have to do my own laundry and I just realized something while washing my clothes today. 90% of the shirts I own are a T shirt from some car show or are somehow car related with printing on them ! Now that I am retired I don't need good clothes to go to work any more, so I live in jeans or shorts and a T shirt.

The only time I add to my wardrobe is when I go to a car show and pick up a new shirt or two, and I bet a lot of you are like me in that regard. I hope I don't get asked to any nice affairs because I will have to run out and buy something to wear that doesn't have writing and graphics on it. :D

Don

did laundry today also.. Ts and jeans..my 'dress' shirts are denim...And I'm on here at 1 in the morning..yea, I'm single again..:)

My Mom passed in November. We had services in our old home town where I grew up. My Dad was tired from travelling and spent the night with us the day before and we were just going to drive down the next day. We were getting ready to go buy me a nice shirt when he asked where we were going. I told him and he said hold on. He came out and said this is an early Christmas present from Mom. She picked it up when they were on vacation that spring.

It was from Arizona bike week and had this woman with skirt jacked up and her rear end exposed with her thong showing, looking over her shoulder on a bike. I said Father Fabian will poop fruit loops and my dad said it wasn't going to be in the church and I'd have my coat on anyway.

Well plans changed because of weather and we had it at the church. As we got there and we (my brother, sister all my Aunts, Uncles and cousins) met with Father Fabian. We pulled our jackets off. He looked at me over his glasses and said "nice shirt Daman" My Dad really quick said "That's an early gift from his Mom" He said "Don't change it"

After reading my Moms obituary Father Fabian said to the congregation "There's one thing I wished Daman would have done before today, He should've trimmed his beard." The eruption of laughter brightened everyone up

I live in jeans and t-shirts [mostly with the sleeves cut off] and if I have to put on a shirt with buttons and a tie it's for as short a time as possible.

Daman, what a great way to honor your Mom by wearing her last gift to you. Bet she was smiling the whole time. :D

Sorry about your loss though.

Don

Being fairly newly single, I just learned how to do laundry a few months ago. Sad huh? But I always had someone who did it. I didnt pay much attention to my clothes till then. Lot of car shirts and concert shirts. Seems thats all i own

I have to wear dress clothes for work everyday. Not happy about it, but it pays the bills and supports my habits (beer, babes and cars...not necessarily in that order:D). The minute I get home it's shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops. The only other time I wear long pants is when I go up north or out west to visit family during the winter...which I also try to avoid when possible.

-Troy

Being fairly newly single, I just learned how to do laundry a few months ago. Sad huh? But I always had someone who did it. I didnt pay much attention to my clothes till then. Lot of car shirts and concert shirts. Seems thats all i own

First thing you will learn Rev is to not put red stuff in with your whites. Pink is NOT a cool color for a guy to be wearing ! :D

I've gotten pretty good at housework. One night I was looking at the dishes coming out of the dishwasher and commenting to my Son about how great the Finish Dishwasher Detergent was making them come out. He gave me this look and said "Dad !!! Do you realize you are talking about dishwasher detergent here ?????" :eek:

I guess I shouldn't tell him how much I like the Snuggles Fabric Softener I have started using either. :D

Don

I'd fall under this same catagory, hell for my wedding this past summer it was a pair of somewhat dress pants, a short sleeved button shirt now I did wear a tie, but it came off pretty quick after the first dance.

I've only ever had one suit my mom bought me when I was like 16 for my cousins wedding, wore it twice I think. If I can get away with jeans and a button up shirt thats about as dressed up as I get.

First thing you will learn Rev is to not put red stuff in with your whites. Pink is NOT a cool color for a guy to be wearing ! :D

Also clean all the pens out of your pockets! Also nails and screws - they destroy plastic drum washing machines.

I've done my own laundry since I moved out of my parents. My wife had a few choice words when I left things in my pocketss and destroyed her good clothes.

I didn't mind dressing up until I realized those clothes made me look fat. Well, the fat makes me look fat, the clothes just make it more obvious. :D

About 3 years ago I was out in Sturgis SD for a month, I got bored one day and decided to do some bus cleaning. I had 180 Harley Davidson T shirts some of which still had the tags on them. I sent a friend in Casper Wy. a box of them, my brother in Ohio 2 boxes, cut the backs out of several and trashed several and still have quite a few.

I got a call today,for a job interview on Wednesday. I've been a boilermaker for over 30 years and have never had to go to an interview. Used to get hired at the gate or at a beer joint. The lady said "dress appropriately". I'm wondering what that means. Do I go in my non-existant sport suit ,a tee shirt and shorts, or work clothes?? Maybe sport coat, shorts and steel toed boots. I'm just lost on this one.:confused:

90% of the shirts I own are a T shirt from some car show I hope I don't get asked to any nice affairs because I will have to run out and buy something to wear that doesn't have writing and graphics on it. :D
Don

All I have is old jeans and Harley T shirts. Nothing else... I just put em on and go like that.

I think that nowadays the appropriate clothes

Are what we used to call casual clothes.....a nice pair of Dockers and a button down shirt.....unless you're applying for a position of Lawyer or Doctor or such.....LOL....
the one thing that I've noticed about getting older is that I don't have an A$$ anymore.....found that suspenders under a shirt solved the problem[cl....hate hiking my pants up all the time....:D My son's think it's funny...I told em..Just wait.....someday you'll look behind you and that backside you used to have will be gone!!...:eek:

I think wearing that t-shirt to your mom's funeral is priceless.....:D Sorry too for your loss......

Most of my stuff has a grease spot or 2 that my wife can't get out.
My wife asked my daughter the other day why it was that the men all loose their a$$'s and the women's get bigger [ddev

Latest posts

Back