Covid

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the rebound here too.

I had a cough, congestion, and no energy. Had a fever for 3 days, slept for 2.5 of those. Now that I'm recovering I'm having trouble focusing, no stamina, and very little sense of smell.

In January 2022, about a mile east of our house a guy my age was working on his 60's Ford Truck in his garage. He had no sense of smell or taste because he had Covid at the time. He lived with several family members, including his parents, niece, etc. Well, he was working on the fuel system and ended up with a huge gas spill which caused a fire and total loss to the house, he got burned badly, etc. (Link Here). I've been thinking about that the last few days as I need to work on the fuel system of my 46. I think it's best that I wait until my smell returns. I literally stuffed my nose in a gas can the other day and could just barely smell gas.

I'm on the rebound here too.

I had a cough, congestion, and no energy. Had a fever for 3 days, slept for 2.5 of those. Now that I'm recovering I'm having trouble focusing, no stamina, and very little sense of smell.

In January 2022, about a mile east of our house a guy my age was working on his 60's Ford Truck in his garage. He had no sense of smell or taste because he had Covid at the time. He lived with several family members, including his parents, niece, etc. Well, he was working on the fuel system and ended up with a huge gas spill which caused a fire and total loss to the house, he got burned badly, etc. (Link Here). I've been thinking about that the last few days as I need to work on the fuel system of my 46. I think it's best that I wait until my smell returns. I literally stuffed my nose in a gas can the other day and could just barely smell gas.

I don`t smell anything at all, and if I do, I may think I smell flowers when there`s smoke in the air. It can be dangerous at times, but I`m aware of it and pay attention always. I guess over time other senses take over like the blind man`s ears... Biggest problem is not being able to smell if food is good or bad...

It's easy to take for granted how much we use our senses. I use my nose for diagnostics at work and at home, and I didn't realize to what degree until now. I smelled a dryer sheet today through a mask so I hope I'm on the upswing.

The sad part is, some of the after effects linger on. In my case, I’m still short of breath, tire easily, and can’t lift as much as I used to, and it’s been nearly three years since I had it. It affects everyone different, some have no problems after they’re over it, others have a much harder time. My wife had a severe case requiring hospitalization, and she has little after effect’s compared to me. I never lost my sense of smell but she did. Hope all y’all don’t have any after effects.

Feel better guys....Sno stay on the couch bro, no sense in getting hurt man.

It's kicking up here... 4 guys in my office got it. I have a surgery coming up next month, I can't risk it.

"... Biggest problem is not being able to smell if food is good or bad..."
I have to have the wife or someone else check for me too.
I lost my ability to smell from using ZiCam to get over a cold years ago, before the Covid bug showed up.

"... Biggest problem is not being able to smell if food is good or bad..."
I have to have the wife or someone else check for me too.
I lost my ability to smell from using ZiCam to get over a cold years ago, before the Covid bug showed up.

same here... same cause as well....

Wife and I both rebounded and back on isolation. She got sick again with a sinus infection and tested pos. I feel great, nose a little stuffy, but am also pos. I was out cleaning the shop yesterday and didn’t feel bad at all. Stay safe all. Jim

My first day back to the office today.

Last week was a struggle. When my fever and cough started to subside, brain fog set in. Once I started to try to do my job again, it was a huge challenge and very exhausting. Trying to focus on anything mentally and visually was very hard. It was quite debilitating and there were huge waves of anxiety along with it. Finally Friday my mind cleared enough to multitask and think through problems. My sense of smell has gotten better every day and finally is very near normal.

I couldn't work more than a few hours last week without taking a nap. Luckily I could work from home and take sick time where needed.

I haven't had an illness attack so many senses like this before.

Fingers crossed I can keep working all week this week!

Sorry to hear and very similar here. Tired, not concentrating, being careful when driving. Sucks that you are going along doing well and something like this happens and makes you start thinking. May move my full retirement from 1/25 to 6/24. Life is too short. Jim

Sorry to hear it caught up to you. It did take a while to get back to normal. Good thing is that I was only really sick for about 3 days with fever and aches. After that was mostly tired and brain fog. The fog was the last to leave. Feel better soon. Jim

I've had something that has made me dry cough for the last 5 to 6 weeks.
I started getting better about a week ago.

Wife and i have taken all of the shots. 6 months ago we both tested positive. Wife felt bad for 2 days, didn't bother me at all. Feel bad for you guys who got real sick.

Latest posts

Back