Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D:D:D:D

Don

A Florist goes into a barber shop and gets a haircut. When he is done he asks how much. Barber says "This week I am doing community service for my neighbors, so there is no charge."

Next morning the barber comes to work and finds the florist has put a dozen red roses on his doorstep.

That day a cop comes in for a haircut and when he is done he asks how much, and the barber says " This week I am doing community service for my neighbors, so there is no charge.

Next morning the barber finds a dozen doughnuts on the doorstep as a thank you from the cop.

That day a Congressman comes in for a haircut, and when done asks how much is owed, and the barber replies, "This week I am doing community service for my neighbors and there is no charge."

Next morning the barber comes to work and finds 11 Congressmen on his doorstep. :D

w33K2j7HWVJ2.jpg

hate to say it but that's about how it works around here:(:D

i love going to garage sales, i can buy everything i dont need real cheap, but some pretty good finds as well

Thats my problem. I have "sucker" tatooed across my forehead. Man, that stuff is so cheap.... and there is a reason. Same as auctions. You know what they say, "One mans trash is another mans trash, given time". But from time to time, I find a gem.

bought a nice storage building last year to house all my junk.
cleaned up enough in the house we went out and bought more junk.
now i need a nice storage building to keep my junk in.

totally bummed..

well not only am i dealing with an undiagnosed infection (they THINK rocky mtn. spotted fever) and being tied down w/ that, i found out yesterday thay the "other 1/2" of preacher brothers' hotrod shop walked out on his family sat.
i'm not trying to judge anyone who has been thru, or going thru a divorce, just bummed that he didn't tell me more about what was goin on ---maybe i could have helped.......

2 sides to every story HRP ! Try not to be judgemental until you've heard both sides...:eek:.Good luck with the spotted fever, I hope that's not what it is.....CR

Went to a car show on Saturday at the local Ford dealer. My wife gave me her camera to use. I get there and guess what......no battery in the camera arrrrrrgggg. :mad:
I was going to take a picture of my truck and another Ford (Model A) rat rod on both sides of the front door to the show room!

Is there a time when you brain will actually tell you " Don't pick up that hot piece of metal you just cut with you bare fingers " ?? Or just something I get forward to living with ??

Is there a time when you brain will actually tell you " Don't pick up that hot piece of metal you just cut with you bare fingers " ?? Or just something I get forward to living with ??

After 45+ yrs. of welding - - It still happens - It seems that your brain is saying - NO - NO - but for some strange reason , you still do it - Go figure - - but, on the other hand, after doing it so often, you burn the nerve endings on the surface, but they are still there, you just don't feel it till it's to late. And gloves only delay it longer, till the glove is hot and ya gotta fling it off into space some where. It's like a sign saying " WET PAINT"

Between last night and this morning I read through 46 pages of BS. Looks like I have catching up to do.

I like M&M's, with peanuts.
I have no job and do not know where I will get one, MI sucks right now.
I like spam, the kind you eat.
I have been married 11 years, and I couldn't imagine life without my wife and children. After all, she tolerates my shenanigans.
I *think* I have seen a UFO. But I drank back then.
I will build a car from scratch someday, this is the only build idea that has stuck with me for any length of time.
I too suffer from A.D.D., I should post pictures of my shop. I told myself the other day I will not let another vehicle into my shop once the current one leaves. The only area that is clean is the spray booth stall.
The grass needs to be mowed and the saw dust and bark needs to get dumped in the ditch.
I have 5 log cord of wood coming that will need to get cut and split ASAP. Then the saw dust and bark will need to get plowed with a quad up into a pile so it too can get shoveled into a trailer just to get dumped into the ditch.
I hate the use of ASAP.
I also hate FYI.
I don't like, but use ROTFL and LOL often.
I hope to see a few of my old vehicles at the Metro Cruise this Friday. I like to see what the owners did to them.
I commented to my wife this morning that my memory is not what it used to be. She said "you tell me that all the time", I say "I do?".
I have had a friend for over thirty years, we do things together all the time just like when we were kids. Only exception is, now it is either legal or done in a safe manor.
My A.D.D is acting up again, I just remembered I should be wet sanding then buffing a tail gate. But, I still don't remember what I went to the house for. Mmm, I remember lunch.

Chris

Kind of slow in my head too. But I do have some misc. ramblings going around in the vast emptiness.

I just finished a 2000 F250 for a guy and wanted to give it to him yesterday. As luck would have it, I ran out of trim and emblem tape and I could not find my tube of emblem glue. One stinking emblem held up delivery for a day. I bought a tube of glue today, I will find my other one tonight when I clean the shop out. Next time I need it, I will not be able to find the new one or the old one and I will then have three when the job is finished.

I did find a set of Grand Prix emblems from the deck lid of a previous job. Apparently neither the owner or I thought it was necessary for the car to have them...

It is shop cleaning day today. Should only take two days to complete the mass exodus of *treasures* I have accumulated. Anyone need a two piece drive shaft for a 2wd 1990 Suburban? I didn't think. Neither do I, but yet I have one in the shop.

Latest posts

Back