Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on brother smalls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went back to the shop on my 4th day home after the quadruple bypass and haven't looked back.
OI, I hope you're doing fine! We can't just take some doctor's word that we have to take it easy. Probably being active is what keeps us going! The day we run out of things to do is the day after we passed!

Wife and I are both semi-retired. We are trying figure what our future will look like. Scary for sure. Not too sure how to be retired. I have 51 years of working behind me and not doing that is way out of my comfort zone. Whole new adventure. Good luck to all moving forward. Jim

1724506960513.png

Redidbull
I dd 5 yrs, been out 20 and doing fine. You'll get the hang of waking up and haveing nothing you have to do and do what you fell like!
Take care!!

Finally got back in here. I'd say I'm doing ok. Got up at 630 fed the mutt and we took off for a walk. Did 2 miles in 30 minutes. They hauled me out of the woods in an ambulance, boarded a helicopter and life flighted me to the best stroke hospital around here. By the time i got admitted, I had restored use of my left arm and leg(my dominant side) Still slurring words and a little face sag. Going off with friends to dinner in a while to see if I can drool on a waitress.
Wow I missed this Smallfoot, hope everything is getting better.

After 29 years, I no longer reside on the North Side of Deer Mountain in Steamboat Springs, CO. My wife and I bought a second home in Arizona a couple years back and we’d hoped we could hold on to the Steamboat home but, as our business tanked after 38 years, the Aspen Ski Company bought Steamboat and property taxes tripled, as did our home owners insurance. The good news is; as the Billionaires came and the Millionaires are leaving, property values quadrupled so we decided to cash out……. (like we could afford not to). Currently, I’m using our camper as a kitchen and shower while sleeping on a good bed in the mezzanine of our commercial property in town as I tie up loose ends before heading to AZ to be with my soul mate but, I'm kinda empty inside.

Got to be tough to leave the beauty of Colorado. We went there every summer for 10 years. My guess you will be in high country in Arizona.

Got to be tough to leave the beauty of Colorado. We went there every summer for 10 years. My guess you will be in high country in Arizona.
It'll be a few years before we're completely out. We're going to put a 21' travel trailer into the unit on the left end. Right now the camper behind my daily is my kitchen and shower. Yes, high country near Prescott so we've dropped about 3000' in elevation but typically 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix. So, Steamboat will be the spot when it's too hot in AZ.

IMG_1124.JPEG

Sorry you were forced out! Stuff like that is happening everywhere. I expect it here some day, but hope I'm already gone... The guy that bought the last two large properties next to my area is a developer although he claims not to be, it's tattooed across his forehead and apparent to us that watched all the trees disappear...

It's not a big deal really. After being here for 31 years I've done and explored just about everything imaginable around here. I'm very fortunate to have arrived when I did, back when things were affordable. I'm also grateful that I had the wherewithal to invest all I possibly could in local real estate. I'm looking forward to new things in new places and as we hold onto our commercial properties for a few more years, we can continue to use Steamboat for a base camp and our favorite times of the year here. Having said that, I'll always miss the North side of Deer Mountain overlooking Sleeping Giant and the Elk River Valley.

IMG_0618.JPEG

Latest posts

Back