Get your welding goggles on...shiny alert!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Just got this sweetheart done, and she's ready to head out the door. 1949 Mercury 1/2 ton pickup. Restored back to an all original truck. The owner says it won't be a trailer queen, it will get drove....but not abused with the winter shush, salt and slop. He's chomping at the bit for springtime to get here. I was only able to get a couple of pictures before the camera went south on me. Should be able to get some of the interior, engine and underside at the first of the week and include them in the thread. I got to work on this one a bit, but the most work was done by the owner himself, under the supervision of the shop workers. We are the only restoration shop I know of that allows, and even encourages the vehicle owners to dive in and learn how to do a lot of the work themselves. Greg, the owner of the pickup has mentioned a Ford truck show in Ohio he plans to get to this coming summer among others. So maybe some of you guys in the area will get to see this Canadian beauty up close and personal. That makes three pickups out the door in the last three years. Not bad for a bunch of old retired guys.:) Still working on the 58 Edsel Pacer, and a 67 Mustang coupe comes in as soon as this one goes out, no wonder I never get any of my own projects done.:) I love my job.:D

Attachments

• 49 MercA002.JPG
    49 MercA002.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 49 MercA 001.JPG
    49 MercA 001.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 58
Thats just great ! I didnt take your advise on the "welding goggles" and now I see "white spots everywhere I look !

Well, after my camera pooped out from to much shiny, I went out and bought a new one with 4 bolt mains, seems to be working. Took a few more pictures of this truck, over it, under it, in it etc. The Mercury was a Canadian only designation. Also the intakes were aluminum right from the factory. Greg the owner, could tell you a lot more of the Canadian only details, he knows his truck inside and out. Some pictures turned out real clear, (you can see the dust from being in the body shop) while some are so-so. New camera, trying to figure it out, at least that's my excuse. At any rate, here are the rest of the pictures I would have took the first time around.:) We've been teasing Greg of now being on the 'slippery slope of shiny'. Check out the 'tools' in the box.

Attachments

• Merc1.jpg
    Merc1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 10
  • Merc2.jpg
    Merc2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Merc3.jpg
    Merc3.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Merc4.jpg
    Merc4.jpg