how much are my used wheels worth?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasingadream

Banned
I'm thinking of going with a differant style of wheel, and am considering selling the ones I have. They look to be late 30's to early 40's chevy steelies, painted grey, 15" with all the chrome caps and trim rings. 3 stock chevy caps, 1 aftermarket. 5 on 4 3/4 patern. Everything is vary good condition, just a bit dusty. I think i'll keep the tires in the photo. How much are the wheels / caps / rings worth?

Attachments

• www tires.jpg
    www tires.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 44
Chevrolet didn't go to a 15" wheel or the 4 3/4" bolt circle until 1949, so they aren't as old as you think they are. 1949-1954 used a "clip" style wheel with hubcaps, but that doesn't look like what you have either. I cant tell with the hubcap on but they look to be a later model wheel.

And they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you for them. Not a penny more...

I suppose it depends on where you live. I can find plenty of them for less than it would cost to ship.
If they are 15" and have bumps, not clips, look to the inside of the outer part of the rim and see if they have 4 little bumps at 90 degrees. Those are the bumps old Corvettes need to retain their hubcaps and they might be of value to a corvette restorer. I think they would also have riveted in centers, not welded.

Latest posts

Back