I need some help.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nastyrat

I have a 70 gmc 2500 with a tool box on it. its a 8 foot bed thats not on wright. how do i tell if its short or long bed? the truck came of the fatory with a camper top.:confused:

Well I just rad something that leads me to believe that truck of yours may have a longer wheelbase which may give you a headache with the bed swap if it is in fact a "camper special" truck.

You might post your question at the link below if nobody here knows,

www.67-72chevytrucks.com

The "Camper Special" or "Longhorn" trucks aren't too common...don't believe that many were built and I'm sure that many were worked to death YEARS ago.

If a shorter box is a "must have" for you, why not try and trade this truck for a more common conventional long box (8 foot box), or short box (6 1/2 foot box).

Or, just enjoy what you have because it's different!:cool:

The link Gastrick posted above might be a good place to start for specific info on your truck. Another good place to try would be here:

www.stovebolt.com

There used to be a pretty good bunch of folks over there years ago when I went regularily-I'm sure many of 'em are still there and they are generally knowledgeable and VERY helpful people.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Shea:)

You can still rod it out...check out my thread in the signature block.

There is a wealth of knowledge here and on the truck website Gastrick posted above. Let us know what you might be wanting to do with it, I'm sure we can help.

IF you really like it and want something different, go with a stepside bed, and relocate the fenders back, (to the rear) on the box, then bob off the remaining frame.

The "Camper Special" or "Longhorn" trucks aren't too common...don't believe that many were built and I'm sure that many were worked to death YEARS ago.

If a shorter box is a "must have" for you, why not try and trade this truck for a more common conventional long box (8 foot box), or short box (6 1/2 foot box).

The link Gastrick posted above might be a good place to start for specific info on your truck. Another good place to try would be here:

www.stovebolt.com

There used to be a pretty good bunch of folks over there years ago when I went regularily-I'm sure many of 'em are still there and they are generally knowledgeable and VERY helpful people.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
thanks bro but i love my truck.ill keep the tool box on.

www.stovebolt.com

Hope this helps.

Regards,
thanks bro.i think ill keep my truck i love the thing its in good shape ill post some pic's somehow.

Latest posts

Back