Its amazeing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCOWANWHEELS

Banned
It amazes me of how many people want extreamly rare vintage parts that are expected to be in as nice as condition as possible, delivered promptly and packaged in excellent form for next to nothing !!!!!!

it also amazes me of how many people say they want something and have you document everything with detailed pictures , endless phone calls & please have it boxed up and ready to ship quickly and say money is in the mail and it never shows up !!!!!

i guess its a sign of the times were living in, morals being as they clearly are and honour along with virtue being words most dont even know the meanning of. a handshake agreement doesnt mean nothing to most. looking someone in the eye with honesty. gee wonder what the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY thinks of the way alot people have gotton to be ?

JUST HAD TO VENT
BOB

It's just human nature, you try to do the right thing everytime then along comes a creep that never intended to buy anything anyway, just jacks you around, and is just sitting around the house wasting a little time and having fun at your expense.

It's just common greed. Greed drives the world we live in unfortunately. Most people only care about whats in it for them. I have been pleasantly surprised however by the members of RRR that there are still some very generous and kind people out there. One of the reasons I am such a fan of this site. Good caring people hang out here and that's really rare for a site like this.

Thunder

Well, since we're venting, I'm getting tired of letting others have the right of way on narrow side streets, and they don't even give you a friendly wave or nod. Honor, courtesy, manors, it's all going away.

..... when did I turn into my Dad?! :p:confused:

agreed, when did men stop being men? (I think it was the 60's ,lol) but, I guess only us few made it out.and i can tell you this i know we have a website full of real men and women !!

I never even think about talking to someone about parts, cars, anything unless i have money to hand over.

That's why I like paypal. People who say they are going to buy something and send a money order are generally a pain. Some are real good and get it right out but a lot more of them never come through, same with people who claim they are coming over to look at something you have for sale, many of them never show up after you changed your plans and waited all day. But I can't really blame a guy who wants to know he is getting a good part and getting it for the best price. A buyer can only bend you over as far as you are willing to let them.

Oh, and FWIW, I am still waiting for $25 MO from something I sold on RRR classifieds.

Greed and low moral value are everywhere today. I have some items on CL and the amount of scams I get everyday are amazing! I get one in particular about a car I'm selling. It says they love the car and it's just what they've been looking for and the price is just right, but they're having trouble finding insurance for this type of vehicle and could I check around and find something for them. I get an average of 10 of these emails with every car ad I run. They're always the exact same wording, but different email adresses. And yes Sam, you're probably turning into your father, I know because I turned into mine!!!:)...CR

That's what I did with the latest car ad. No scams yet, just a few knobheads who want to know how much less I'll take before they've even seen the car! [S..CR:D

Twice Ive had to tell people if you want it come to the house on this day at this time. Both times only one person showed out of the 5 or 10 that replied. I generaly try to give people a break. If its something Im getting rid of obviously Im not using it so why try to make a big buck off it. BUT even listing a full size trampoline in excellent condition for $20 people were still offering me $5.

I sell items on ebay and if you don't have thier item to them in three days or less people will trash your feedback , it's amazing to me why people 3000 miles away expect something to be there that quickly . People are spoiled , to many people live in the world of " immediate gradification "

You know I am turning into my dad also, but at least I have a cool dad. The way people on CL act it drives you nuts, they can be a pain. About the price of our items, reminds me of one of my sayings " I may have been born last night, but I was up all night studying". They can only take you if you are willing to allow it.

... BUT even listing a full size trampoline in excellent condition for $20 people were still offering me $5.

I guess I could give you $5 for the trampoline.... can you deliver it? :p

I had a guy ask if I could take some parts over to his house to see if he wanted them!

I had a windshield on CL for $20 (you remove, pay before) Several asked if I could remove the windshield for them. The last guy was cool about it, offered 20 plus 20 if I helped him. Wound up, I removed it, called him up and sold it for $60.

I use a junk e-mail account for stuff like CL, signing up for BS, etc. Basically anything but my bank account and the like.

I just had an episode selling my EL Camino. I took very nice pics of it out in the yard,listed everything that was done by me or before in great detail. Listed it for a very reasonable price on kijiji, get all kinds of emails about numbers matching crap, its a 1980 car, couple people wondering if I would take payments for a year.Finally some guy shows up to look at it, gives me this big story about always getting ripped off when buying cars,stuff wrong with them.He offers me quite a bit less than my asking price , wanted to get rid of it so I sold it to him. about a few days later I see it on kijiji for almost double of what he paid, with one crappy picture and hardly anything written about it, next day he calls if I could talk to the buyer about the stuff I did on it.What the h$@##? Where was this guy a few days before when I had the car listed? I just don't get it. Did I list it to cheap with too much infoand people thought there must be something wrong or what?

BUT even listing a full size trampoline in excellent condition for $20 people were still offering me $5.

A few weeks ago I was trying to give away an older Sony 27" TV. Figured it wasnt worth money to me, and if anyone could make use of it and saved it from a landfill it was good by me. I had probably 20 people contact me asking if I would deliver(some over an hour away), or meet them halfway. I also had 4 different people say I will be there at this time and never showed. The person who did come to get it came 2 hours late, and did exactly what I asked them not to do, come after 7:30pm and don't ring the door bell. We have a 3 month old that goes to bed at 7:30, they said they;d be there at 7:00 showed up just after 9:00pm and rang the door bell like three times, which sent the dog over the edge and woke the kid up... and then expects me to carry it to his truck.

Latest posts

Back