Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have definitely put together something special here. Love the look, the stance, the hood, the suspension, the whole thing.

Is that an Oberg filter?

Yep, well actually it's a racor brand, but they are the same thing. Going to run a differential gauge across it so I can monitor whats going on inside!

Too bad you didn't go AWD...I can see that beast doing some Rally racing against those WRX's with Ken Block behind the wheel or Travis Pastrana. :D

I actually thought about making it all wheel drive in the beginning, but opted for 2 wheel for simplicity.

This is one that I can say I love ! Cool truck !

Thanks!!!

Well, this build has been moving very slowly here lately, but some progress has been made. Got the tranny back and it should be a pretty sweet one. Also got the engine pulled and took it to LME engines in houston where they are putting in the good stuff! It started life as the all aluminum 6.2L out of an escalde, and will be a stroked out to a 416 cubic inch cruiser when it comes back! Should lay down around 600 horses at the flywheel, and with the callies crank, callies rods, wiseco pistons, all arp bolts, and alot of other goodies should be very dependable. Also left room for a 250 shot of spray if it needs it...hehehe! Did a mock up of some motorcycle style fenders and they were looking pretty cool, so might have to build a set to run. But anyways, as soon as there is something cool to take pics of I will post em up!

Well, this build has been moving very slowly here lately, but some progress has been made. Got the tranny back and it should be a pretty sweet one. Also got the engine pulled and took it to LME engines in houston where they are putting in the good stuff! It started life as the all aluminum 6.2L out of an escalde, and will be a stroked out to a 416 cubic inch cruiser when it comes back! Should lay down around 600 horses at the flywheel, and with the callies crank, callies rods, wiseco pistons, all arp bolts, and alot of other goodies should be very dependable. Also left room for a 250 shot of spray if it needs it...hehehe! Did a mock up of some motorcycle style fenders and they were looking pretty cool, so might have to build a set to run. But anyways, as soon as there is something cool to take pics of I will post em up!

That sounds like a whole lot of motor.

I hope you have it dyno'd. Really curious what it will produce. Do you know the weight difference between the aluminum engine and the iron block engine?

Di you have some diabolical scheme for using all that horsepower?

That sounds like a whole lot of motor.

yeah, but have quite a few things I'm wanting to do with this rig.

I hope you have it dyno'd. Really curious what it will produce. Do you know the weight difference between the aluminum engine and the iron block engine?

Di you have some diabolical scheme for using all that horsepower?

Got a few ideas brewing...lol! We'll see how they come out in the future!

Depends on who you talk to but it is between 70-90lbs
70 is the number I heard, and thanks for the good info!!!!

I know this will prolly be a little bit of an excessive engine for some things, but in other areas I don't know if it will be quite the power I need. Hopefully this thing will make it out to the salt flats, the standing mile and a few drag strips along with ALOT of cruising. I know that's asking alot of it, but we'll just have to see if it works or not....hopefully it will...lol! Thanks for all the compliments!!!

Ran out of cash so had to do a customer project, but work will resume on the 53 soon! And the misses is all better now, thanks for asking! In the mean time here is what I built....

65906_150836614957458_100000933607876_213911_8046486_n.jpg

65906_150836618290791_100000933607876_213912_7293002_n.jpg

65906_150836621624124_100000933607876_213913_3995613_n.jpg

33766_152260914815028_100000933607876_219622_3040024_n.jpg

Love the AD project. You've got some real talent in the fab department. Also in the ability to develop a mental picture of what you want to do! Thanks for sharing. Perley

I think that is 5' over our hieght regulations here in NH.....[cl
Glad to see it is actually used off road and not a show queen! nice job![;)

Well glad to see the 4X4 is done!!!! And it looks awesome as well!! Expected nothing less!

Also glad to hear that you will get to go back to work on the "Donut Maker"!! LOL It probably will be after all that MOTOR!!!!

By the way let Your better half know that my uncle isn't ready to let the Firebird go yet but he will call me before he let's it go!! I'm still workin on it though!!

Happy for ya Bro!! Now let's see some UPDATE PICS!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back