Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man!! Your AD build is off the hook. I hang out at another forum (Not KB as I can't even get registered over there) as I am building a '52 AD on an S10 chassis. I lurk here, till now. My son has been hinting about wanting to build an AD after I get mine on the street and I think his will become a reality after seeing what you have done. Won't be as off the charts as yours but you have nailed the look I know he'll flip over.

Man!! Your AD build is off the hook. I hang out at another forum (Not KB as I can't even get registered over there) as I am building a '52 AD on an S10 chassis. I lurk here, till now. My son has been hinting about wanting to build an AD after I get mine on the street and I think his will become a reality after seeing what you have done. Won't be as off the charts as yours but you have nailed the look I know he'll flip over.

Thanks!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work on it real soon and get her going one of these days. Work has been crazy, and the side work keeps rolling in. It's hard to pass up money right now knowing I still have a ton to spend on the ole 53 to make her exactly like I want her!

I don't know, but since I first stumbled across it I've thought this to be the coolest AD in existence..We need an update

Sorry guys....still not finished. Life got in the way. We are in the middle of cancer treatments with my wife, but eventually I will get this thing finished! It's not over yet....lol!

Hope your wife pulls through ok. My niece is into her 5th chemo treatment. 2 yrs old. we are pulling for you.

That is a very true staement 62chevyII!! But the difference is that the axles we are using are cast steel and not cast iron. Cast steel you can mig weld or tig weld on as DONUTS1 has done, And on Cast iron you have to use the nickel rod.

How can you tell the difference between cast iron and cast steel?

Looking forward to seeing you back at it. I have been contemplating chopping my GMC simular to what you have on your truck. I figure to do that last as far as sheet metal work goes as I have so much rust repair and mods to make on my 53. I think you have the porportions spot on your truck. Good luck and I wish you and your wife the best.

Wow, I just read the whole build thread! First, As others have said, I hope everything works out with the misses. Second, are you in the Houston area? I saw you mention LME. I'm in the Cypress area but just guessing from the pictures you are on the East side?

I have always been attracted to the more unusual builds like this one. I like the out of the box suspension setup and the fact that you have the proportions nailed down solid. I look forward to seeing more progress.

Wow, I just read the whole build thread! First, As others have said, I hope everything works out with the misses. Second, are you in the Houston area? I saw you mention LME. I'm in the Cypress area but just guessing from the pictures you are on the East side?

I have always been attracted to the more unusual builds like this one. I like the out of the box suspension setup and the fact that you have the proportions nailed down solid. I look forward to seeing more progress.

I'm actually in carthage which is east TX, but know the guys that own that shop so I used them. Good guys!

BRO!!!! Glad to finally hear something from you!! Still prayiing for you and your wife! Hope all is well!!

Thanks man! We're going to pull thru all this.

God bless you and yours and hopefully she can beat this thing.....Godspeed...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Can't wait to get back started on this thing and mainly can't wait to get the misses well again so we can go cruisin!!!

Been a while, but to let everyone know we are cancer free!!! Been a tough year, but looking forward to things getting better and getting back to work on the rod sometime in the near future!!! Thanks for all your kind words and prayers!

Latest posts

Back