Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,

Looking real nice. Great cage and side bar work. That little Muscle Car looks like a hand full. Can't what for your first pass.:D

That photo cr-- is why I have done all my photo's on my computer with an old Microsoft Picture program.

Did you watch any ANRA race footage last weekend? To say it was hot would be correct 114 mid day Sunday.

where does all that power go in a chassis that short and an engine setback that far? looks like the power to weight ratio of a bullet.

I think this thing is just fandamntastic.

"It's almost all together and sitting on all fours. It runs. Moves forward and back. Stops. It's loud. It leans to the left an inch. I don't know why. The back wheels shouldn't be on this car."

This is the best quote I have read all day. :D:D

It has the same wheelbase as my Anglia,90". Did a tape measure front end alignment today and fixed some other small problems. Will give it a test drive tomorrow.

No Tom, I didn't see anything about the ANRA race. Where can I find it? Man, that is hot. Too hot to race.

Yes, it should scoot pretty well, joedoh

Been putting more parts on it and making adjustments. Made a few short drives to uncover more problems to solve.

Attachments

• misc 004.jpg
    misc 004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 48
touché, Dr. C. Actually I pay through the nose. Boy does that hurt.

I shined 'er up with Justus Brothers #80. 'sposed to be twice as good as WD40.

That could be a real "sleeper" looks-wise oncoming, until you start seeing the roll bars...and the meat in the rear!

I like it :cool: Rode a couple hundred miles to church camp and back in one of these when i was a kid. Heck, now i even remember owning one! :eek: Seems i traded a radio for it then heated the front coils to drop it and drove to
Pizza Hut. That was it. :rolleyes:

The mother of one of my high school friends had one. We beat the heck out of it and didn't break it. Amazing.

Now that the Renault is almost done it is time to look ahead to a winter project. I have some 1929-30 Chevy truck cowls and need doors to complete the roadster that is rolling around in my head. I scored these "mint" doors at Windy Hill junkyard today.

Attachments

• RPU doors 002.jpg
    RPU doors 002.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 27
  • RPU doors 003.jpg
    RPU doors 003.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 27
The mother of one of my high school friends had one. We beat the heck out of it and didn't break it. Amazing.

Now that the Renault is almost done it is time to look ahead to a winter project. I have some 1929-30 Chevy truck cowls and need doors to complete the roadster that is rolling around in my head. I scored these "mint" doors at Windy Hill junkyard today.
Nice doors. :D

Been driving it around the neighborhood working out the little problems. I thought the front wheels were too big so I found some oem 13" Mustang II five slots. Had to change to four bolt rotors. It's got a little forward tilt now. Here's some pics taken in the front yard.

Attachments

• Ren Foto Shoot 001.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 001.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Ren Foto Shoot 003.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 003.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Ren Foto Shoot 004.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 004.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Ren Foto Shoot 006.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 006.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Ren Foto Shoot 008.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 008.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Ren Foto Shoot 007.jpg
    Ren Foto Shoot 007.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 52
Lookin' good Bob [cl it's such a cute lil' booger, must be a hoot to drive. Since the photo bucket pics are no longer on, I couldn't see how you ducted the air to the rad - no cooling issues without a front grille?

I've always had a soft spot for the Renault and this one tops the list.

Hi my name is Re'no
attachment.php

Mess with me and all you'll see is this
attachment.php

zz, I haven't driven it far enough to know if there is a cooling problem. In stock form the spare tire is in a "tray" behind the license plate. Removing that panel will provide air flow to the bottom third of the radiator. I'm waiting for a fitting so the temp gauge can be installed in the intake manifold. then I'll know...

I added .062" thick aluminum plate seen in the thumbnail. Can you guess what it is for???

Attachments

• Knee Rest 001.jpg
    Knee Rest 001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back