my new 51

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought there was some kinda side (lake) pipe thing going on from the pics in the other thread you posted. When they took the drip rail off did they cut it out of the roof under the door and rear window or try to braze the gap closed? Getting all that brass off will be a pain in the azz but you really need to get rid of it. Looks way better with the rear windows opened up.
So you plan on doing the chop? Keep us posted.

I thought there was some kinda side (lake) pipe thing going on from the pics in the other thread you posted. When they took the drip rail off did they cut it out of the roof under the door and rear window or try to braze the gap closed? Getting all that brass off will be a pain in the azz but you really need to get rid of it. Looks way better with the rear windows opened up.
So you plan on doing the chop? Keep us posted.

YEAH there are "lake pipes" started...not sure if im going to fix them and keep them.thats where i pulled a s**t ton of bondo off.they used lot of bondo to "blend" them into the fender.

quick update

I pulled that old ford motor.......it was an early 60s 6cyl w c4. I have a small block for it. ive removed a lot of bondo....ALOT!!!! got the front seats put in and im looking for a glide or th350 now.

the wannabe sidepipes are gone...I also removed the unibrow the car had... fenders back to normal

im also trying to figure out what year this hood is...all pics I can find show square corners on early 50s hoods. this hood has round corners but doesn't look custom. see pic

ill post pics soon

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back