need opinion A coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyindian

I am thinking about changing my A coupe direction. I am wondering if I should run a original style A frame or a 32 frame. The body is going to be a flat army green with no chop or channel with a vinyl top. I am going to run a 392 hemi with split bones front and rear. If I go with the original style A frame I am going to run a hood with an A grill shell. If I go with the 32 frame I am not going to run a hood and have lake headers. Any opinion on what would look better.

Id go with the 32 frame giving a choice. It will sit lower and is an all around prettier frame...Im a little partial to that army green too!!

Besides being better looking and stronger, there is also another advantage to the 32 frame.........you pick up 3 inches more wheelbase and 3 inches more engine room length. With a hemi it will be tight even with a Deuce frame because they are pretty long, so every inch you can pick up there really helps out.

Don

Actually, you would have more room if you relocate the radiator to the rear of the ride and build an air tunnel to keep it cool.:rolleyes:
This would give you room for other options like an oil cooler that takes less room up front and you could do something exotic to stamp your mark.:cool:
Just thinking out loud,

Maximo

Latest posts

Back