New from Philly area

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radrat

Hey there, I am Tyler or "Rev" whichever.

I am new here, in search of shows on the east coast mainly. I do rod photography in the Philly area and want to travel to more shows to see other creations out there.

I just finished restoring a 1929 Ford Tudor, all original except I added a set of white walls and a high compression police head (5.5:1, holds a mean 50 mph on the high way now). It is a model A engine but I am hoping to swap it out for a model B and swap the 3 speed for a 4 speed synchronized trans... Her name is Buzz, if you have ever driven a 3 speed from a Model A you know where the name comes from. Oh and I found her in the back of a climate controlled garage and the guys wife was making him sell it.

I am now currently working on a 1953 Chevy bel air business coupe. In the process of a 5" chop. Then we are channeling the body over the frame because the floor of the body is just rusted through. I found this on e-bay, with a crate engine and a powerglide 2 speed, 12 bolt rear and a solid frame. Crappy body though. Got i to my house and didnt realize how much rust the body had. So it became a project. Her name is the bondo queen because instead of fixing dents or rust the dingle berry just put bondo body filler over everything. It wasnt until we went down to bare metal that we saw the truth about the rust. Damn shame. Total investment so far including purchase price is $2005, trying to keep it under 3 grand.

Not sure what else to say. But if you know of any east coast shows, let me know. I need the name, date, location and web address if possible. Thanks!

Welcome to RRR!

Rat,
Welcome to the Triple R. Great place to hang out but the guys are going to hound you for photos rat off the bat. Glad you found us!

ISore

The Chevy currently, now its time to put it back together.

Since this picture was taken the paint has been stripped on the top.
DSCF2887.jpg

Here is the 29
small.jpg

A shot of buzz's engine
DSCF2632.jpg

The day we brought her home (all that was wrong was that the 4th spark plug had no gap it was smashed close)

Ah another car, my mom sold it for scrap metal when I left for college. We cut off all the rust of this 75 Chevy Impala and this was all that was left. The gas tank was rusted through so I used a beer keg from my brother's house.
impalatest.jpg

So there are some pictures for you guys to feed your addiction.

Latest posts

Back