New job !!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ratrodney better keep an eye on his project now..it may end up with some 66" pie crusts on it now:D:D

Congrats on the new gig, does sound like fun..

Update!

Well. Hey what can I say but I love my new job![cl[cl
You know after welding for 18 + yrs in production at my old job,you get set in your ways,BUT working for P.E.I. brings on a whole new way of welding![cl[cl
This has to be the BEST teaching of super quality welding I know of!
It's true you can teach an old dog new tricks!:eek:
If anything....my fabrication skills will grow in leaps and bounds![cl[cl

We are building two new suburbans for someone in Russia that are all stock with our chassis's under them,low geared quickchange transfer boxes and monster truck axles and tires!
I'll post pics asap[P[P

"We are building two new suburbans for someone in Russia that are all stock with our chassis's under them,low geared quickchange transfer boxes and monster truck axles and tires!"

And these are just to get around on the paved streets! There are pix on the net of water filled potholes that will swallow a car. It is great to see someone making a living doing what they love.
Gives hope for the rest of us.
402471-1.gif

couple of pics!

Just a couple of pics of some of the stuff I welded up for our stock pile today ! [;)The shock boxes still need the tabs welded on but we are waiting on the laser guy to get pieces cut! the other parts are the guards that protect the disc brake on the pinion. I welded up several of each today but snapped these pics before I stocked the shelf!
I will get some pics of the Suburbans asap and give you an idea of what we are doing with them ![P
Having fun with this job![cl

Attachments

• brake guard.jpg
    brake guard.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 28
  • shock box.jpg
    shock box.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26
Doesn't look at ALL like my welds.....Thank Jesus...

Your's are professional.....mine....well not so much....good...but not purdy like yours.......[cl Nice work man.....

Update!

Finally got a chance to get some pics posted for ya! [cl These are some shots of the suburbans and the chassis's and the one we are working on mounting to stock frame.:D

Attachments

• russia7.jpg
    russia7.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 27
  • russia8.jpg
    russia8.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 29
  • russia6.jpg
    russia6.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 32
  • russia9.jpg
    russia9.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 29
  • russia.jpg
    russia.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33
  • russia1.jpg
    russia1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 30
  • russian chassis.jpg
    russian chassis.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 32
Update!

This is just a pic of the Patrick Enterprises Inc. plate we put on all chassis's.
a pic at an angle (the tires are not in the right location) but gives you an idea!?a pic of the custom SCS transfer case which will have the stock case mated
to it and the Sway arms I welded up that will be on them!
That's all for now![P

Attachments

• russia2.jpg
    russia2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
  • russia3.jpg
    russia3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 31
  • russia sway arms.jpg
    russia sway arms.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 35
Update!

Took a few more pics for you guys!
Suburbans are coming together nicely ! We have been working hard on getting them done and I worked 12 hrs today ! Gotta ship next Friday !Here are some pics with the fender skirts on, that Mike(Cornfield Customs) did! Still gotta mount power actuated steps and some wiring and gas charged shocks and drive shafts and and......I'll get more pics next week!

Attachments

• russia11.jpg
    russia11.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
  • russia19.jpg
    russia19.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 28
  • russia18.jpg
    russia18.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 30
  • russia17.jpg
    russia17.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28
  • russia15.jpg
    russia15.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 32
  • russia12.jpg
    russia12.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 27
  • russia14.jpg
    russia14.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 27
the skirts look good all painted up, i see you guys went with the welting in the seam. how did they fit up with the screws? and how did they look with the big wheels?

the skirts look good all painted up, i see you guys went with the welting in the seam. how did they fit up with the screws? and how did they look with the big wheels?

Yea Mike the welting just made it all fit and flow real nice! [cl Will be cutting the trucks rubber bumpers and making the full radius Monday and putting on big tires!:D
Car and Driver mag. is supposed to do a story on the whole project!

STAY TOOOOONED![P[P

Update!

WELLLLL...........Finally have the Suburbans completed and ready to ship to
Moscow Russia! What a crazy ordeal! Small issues one after another with making
sure everything is just right! NOW we are waiting on getting containers and Ship to be scheduled ! Here are some pics ! They are now setting with the shipping wheels we made for them.Had to make the steel wheels with rubber belting on them to get them low enough to fit in shipping container! With the 66" terra tires
on it I can stand under the floor pan and my head just touches it! I am 5' 10"
They are sooo quiet! Just don't seem quite right after being around Samson
Monster truck with 2000 HP and open headers! LOL! What's Next?????

Attachments

• russia17.jpg
    russia17.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 23
  • russia24.jpg
    russia24.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 26
  • russia25.jpg
    russia25.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26
  • russia26.jpg
    russia26.jpg