New project :41 GMC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty46pickup

Now that I`ve got this pic thing figured out, here`s the pics of the 41 as promised!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 34
old GMC

when I came back from Nam I helped a bud built a pickup just like that
228 GMC w split , stacks, and welded on dual carbs on both ends and center blocked a 55 chev car rear and 55 chev 3 speed and overdrive was a highway cruiser way back then did it Camaro green in about 1970 it haD BEEN THE FORMER SERVICE TRUCK OF A sKELLY STATION AND HAD BEEN LEADED WHEN THEY DID THE BODY JOB BAcK WheN i WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! ops on caps:eek:
went to fargo and bought a lot of 10 cent hamburgers after working on it!!!:D

The `41 begins a new life!

To answer a few questions at once, the `41 has an inline 6 showing 65,000. When i bought the truck about a month ago, a buddy and I wenched her on the trailor from where she had been sitting since 1954. We had to cut trees, grape vines, and bushes to get her out. I meant to take pics, but in my excitement to get started, I forgot the camera. I know a straight axle with `bones is peobably the way I should go, but I love my subframes and I`ve got a 75 nova just begging to get the axe, so I think I`ll use the sub and the nova rear with parts of the truck frame and some 2x3 tubing. That generation X and F body subs already have the zee I like and I`ll zee the rear rails `till they look "right" to me. I`m still not sure whether or not to run the whole truck front end or not. If I do, I have some `54 half ton fenders to graft the wheel openings from to make them smaller. I also am not sure about the bed. Of course it`ll be short like myt `46, but I`m kicking around the thought of a short stake side flatbed. I am going to try to unstick the six but I also have other options. I have a `67 model 429 caddy and trans that has some kind of problem I`ve not had time to check out yet. I`ve also got several small chevies. I plan to chop the top on this one and put it in red oxide. I`ve already started to clean the cab out and started pushing out some dents. I`m pretty busy but I`ll try to keep you posted with pics and progress. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!!

Lee

Made some progress on the `41

I got awhile to mess with the `41 today. I got the six turning free, well sort of. I filled the cylinders with tranny fluid and a little gas. I turned the motor easily part way around until it broke a rocker. Guess I`ll have to pull the head and unstick some exhaust valves. After I pulled the rocker shaft, it now turns all the way around easily. I also got the steering and clutch linkage freed up. I`m not really sure why I`m doing this, but I`d kind of like to make her run and move around the yard under her own power before dissassembly, and get an idea about the condition of the motor and trans. I didn`t mean to turn this into a build thread, I guess I just started it in the wrong place, sorry.:(

Lee

Latest posts

Back