New to RRR. 37' Ford help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrty7frd

I just bought a kinda ruff 37' Ford truck that I want to chop and channel. Want to chop it about 3 to 4 inches, but really don't know where to start. I'm pretty good mechanically, but I'm just lost on this subject (never chopped a top before.) I see a lot of people cut the top of the roof skin completely into, do you have to do this on every truck? Does anyone have any pics of 37' Trucks. I live about 10 mins from Chopper Tom, him and my dad use to be good buddies (but haven't seen him in years.) Get up with me Tommy, been wanting to come and see you and maybe get some advice. (if Tom reads this do you have a shop, so I could find you or do you live in the same place still?) LATER DANNY

Welcome & good luck!

Welcome & glad u found us. Chopper Tom is a pretty good source of toppin' choppin' but there are several builds that include shopped tops so I'd recommend the search feature! Good luck & keep us in da loop on u're build!!!

BoB

Cool truck!

Fordman,
Those are nice looking trucks & I loved to see them chopped. Good luck with your chop and your buddy Tom should be able to guide you through.

Rattler

'37 chop

I have just chopped my '37 , I have seen so many '35-'37 chopped , I only liked the ones that looked chopped ,like 6"-8",
Only went with 6" on mine and love the look , Chopped it by my self and it was easy , only cut roof skin once and spread the front of roof 3/16" at the piller on each side, made 2 cuts on rear corner 4" long ,to line up rear of roof
DUCKMAN

Attachments

• DSC00630.jpg
    DSC00630.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00629.jpg
    DSC00629.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back