New!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChevyChick

Hey guys my name is Addy and I'm new to this. My dad and I just recently got a 63 belair and also a 66. The plan is for him to take the 66 and i'll keep the 63(hopefully) and make it in to a ratrod. It's got AWESOME potential. Iv'e been into the ratrod thing for awhile now..though my family and all of our friends think its not all that cool and would rather have a 20,000 dollar car but i personally want a car im not gunna really worry about if it gets a dent or a scratch. The plan so far is to maybe slam it and paint it in flat black and drop a 454 in it. Since im new to this im open to suggestions and comments!...im gunna need the help:)

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a plan with that '63. Post some pics of it when you get time

Some Pics of the '63

Hey guys I was unsure how to make an album of pictures so I figured would just add them through a post!

These pictures are from the first day we got the car which is from Washington State. It belonged to an 80 year old man who didnt drive it but would start it once a week to make sure things were working properly. Whats cool and kind of funny is the old man was always worried about people stealing stuff off of the car so anywhere he could put a lock he did....there is one on the gas cap,hood,and detachable locks on the front wing windows so no one could pry them open. Everything works great on the car...interior isn't to bad at all...the back seat was alittle rotted..which we found out when my dad was trying to the clean the back window and it split in half. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 101_0148.jpg
    101_0148.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 101_0149.jpg
    101_0149.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 101_0157.jpg
    101_0157.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 101_0151.jpg
    101_0151.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 101_0155.jpg
    101_0155.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to RRR, addy. Sounds like you got a plan for the 'ol 63. Looks like a nice solid start. That FM converter under the dash brings back memories.

Thanks BruceR&C!

oh i hear ya Likes 2 Tinker....the thought crossed my mind not to touch it at all cause i really like it how it is and i actually like the color cause you dont see it everyday. But iv'e wanted to do a rat rod for so long and i think i found the perfect car to do what I want...so we'll see

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, Addy.
Real nice Chevy, no matter what you decide to do with it. :cool:
Just keep us updated with photos, and enjoy your time here... '22

dam that thing looks clean! slam it, pop the hub caps off and paint the roof black to match the rims and drive the hell out of it!.

Addy, the car looks great. If you do decide to paint it leave the top that great looking blue and do blue accents. That way it will keep some of that original look. Welcom to the R

Latest posts

Back