On the road

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightspeed Mike

Well I did my favorite bolt on today, license plates. It's done for now, although there is few things I have to change. Most important is the rear view mirror. It's up to high and I can only see about 4 feet behind me. Side mirrors are useless, don't stick out far enough. Things you learn after ya put it together. I guess I am too use to driving modern vehicles. I have never driven a straight axle car before or any thing like mine so I can't really compare it to anything. Passed a cop going the other way while he was writing a ticket to some one else. I watched his his neck spin around but he didn't follow me. I just waiting for the first time I get pulled over.
Now just waiting for better weather.

Lightspeed Mike

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 113
  • merc2.jpg
    merc2.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 90
  • merc3.jpg
    merc3.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 94
  • merc4.jpg
    merc4.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 99
Lookin good LM! Don't worry too much about the police, they're probably just diggin your wheels!!![cl..I'm diggin the shifter, nice!!!:D..CR

Very nice! I like the proportions and styling. That hood looks great on there. Was that entire bed scratch-built? The side body lines on the bed are very kewl. Love the rear bumper. What sort of powerplant?

Fred B.

Thank you, Thank you very much

Thanks for all the kudos guys they mean a lot to me. I got a lot of inspiration from this group.
I have a build thread going on elsewhere but since I got it on the road I had to tell all my friends here. I'll try to finish the build thread some time soon.
Yes I built the bed from scratch. I used the bottom out of a old Fold half ton because I wanted all the ribs in it. I bead rolled and bent up the sides and front panels. I used some 1" EMT for the top round. Yes I even made the bead roller that made the beads. My wife turned the crank handle while I moved the sheet metal around.
I used a Toyota 22RE engine. Not everyones choice but big horse power only makes me drive like an idiot.:eek:

Lightspeed Mike

Latest posts

Back