Photo Request... Painted Grills

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNKMcNeilly

I am torn between painting my grill or leaving it chrome. I will be stripping all of the chrome from the body and hood, and shaving the handles, and I am concerned that all the chrome in the front will be over powering. Here is what I am working with and the second picture is of a painted grill. Do you have one?

Attachments

• 484ply13.jpg
    484ply13.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 30
  • 2378705347_f7b321fe75.jpg
    2378705347_f7b321fe75.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 50
What color are you painting it? Is there going to be any other chrome on the car? I would say paint ti it looks sleek that way but thats my 2 pennies!

Yeah, what he said... I like the "painted" out look.
Not a "Rat" but here's a Maverick I did and de-chromed. Left a little for effect.

tn_100_0383.jpg

tn_100_0385.jpg

Last edited:
LEAVE IT CHROME! The right amount of chrome sets a car off nicely and highlights detail areas like the grille. Otherwise it just looks like a big painted blob, such as the Chevy you posted...

My grill & bumpers are painted....but, I DO want to replace with chrome at some point!

Attachments

• Backyard Shots 4 aired down.jpg
    Backyard Shots 4 aired down.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 19
How about you leave it until you have finished the other chrome removal and make your decision then. If you need to visualize it painted, get some latex house paint the color you want and paint over the chrome with that. The latex will wipe right off.

grillz

not painted, i'm kinda partial to gold. dp1

Attachments

• grillgold.jpg
    grillgold.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 17
  • grillz.jpg
    grillz.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 8
Here's a little paint work.... Painted grill....headlights....parking lights....bumper and license plate. It was my brother in laws drag car and it was a one piece fiberglass front end. I had to add the details to make it look more realistic

scan0003.jpg

Latest posts

Back