previous owner

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Does anyone have anything good to say about the previous owners of your projects? Not counting any P.O.s on the forum, dont wanna start anything. I ask cause my P.O. is an idiot and im hoping im not the only one who thinks his is a moron.

actually years ago I bought my 51 Ford f-1. The guy I bought it from brought it up from his cousins place down in Kentucky. He and his cousin did the drive line transplant on it. They pulled out the blown up flatty and dropped in the drive line from a totaled out 71 Mustang. So the engine is a 351 CCJ, FMX transmission, and a 9" rearend. One hell of a setup. Gonna rebuild the engine and rework the trans and I'll be good to go!!!!

But I did buy a 72 Plymouth Satalite that the P.O. packed the trans with sawdust to stop it from slipping....needless to say the trans lasted about a week after I bought it and then it scattered. So that P.O. I would like to stangle the **** out of him!!!! lol

My projects previous owner is my dad, so no problems. When I first got it (46 dodge pickup) it was on the original frame with a newer frontend on it. He said he put a Duster rear end on it, turns out it was the weakest rearend they made! It would have pretzeled if hooked up to a V8....
Now the body sits on a Chevy truck frame along with all the Chevy running gear.

I always figure people get rid of things for a reason. So I am never surprised when I learn the reason, I just always hope the reason doesn't leave me stranded.

My projects previous owner is my dad, so no problems. When I first got it (46 dodge pickup) it was on the original frame with a newer frontend on it. He said he put a Duster rear end on it, turns out it was the weakest rearend they made! It would have pretzeled if hooked up to a V8....
Now the body sits on a Chevy truck frame along with all the Chevy running gear.

Ah yes, the Ol' Mopar 7 1/4 trick. Destroyed a few of them myself.

well i got the good and the bad in the same car, but more good than bad really. previous owner (original owner) of my galaxie apparently never drove the car, th odometer says 54,xxx miles and i really think it is correct. but i also think she never washed the car, and her great idea of body work was to use anything from caulk to bondo, right over dirty and rusty dents. so a lot of those dents have turned into holes. but for the most part the car is great. i'm not really knocking her, just saying, WASH THE CAR!!!

Latest posts

Back