Rat rodder from Ohio!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1971 cheburban

Hey everybody, I'm from columbiana county ohio. I've got a 1971 chevy c10 but I'm thinking about ratting it. I might build a frame the same dimensions as my truck frame but not put a front clip on it or core support. And use my front crossmember, 3 speed, rear end and all of my other crossmembers and my chevy cab. I know it's not super old but I think it would be cool. I'm going to use my leaf springs, rearrnd, which is a GM 12 bolt. And I was going to make a bed for it. And no hood or front clip means a sweet radiator and support and a sweet home fab hood. Plus for us folks from ohio it would have heat for frosty mornings and wing windows for when it gets 80 degrees that same afternoon.and other modern amenities like a radio. No a/c, power steering, power brakes, and a wicked 350, or maybe a stupid powerful 327 if I get lucky. I've also got a old 3 speed shifter I might use that looks kinda ratty, he he:)

Welcome to RRR! Post some pics.

If you're going to go to all the trouble of building a new frame, why not find a better cab/body to work with? The later cabs are so wide and boxy, they are very hard (if not impossible) to get proportions right for a fenderless rat. You can always narrow the cab, but then you have to figure out how to deal with the windshield.

...or just leave it together, lower it, and give it some old school style custom work.

Welcome to the RRR..

Sounds like a plan....by the way...welcome to all the newbies ....man a ton of them over the last month I've been awol..

welcome to rrr, i'm with sam fear on this one. them cabs just don't look the part for fenderless.

Latest posts

Back