Self pity

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Shared this at Tango's, thought I'd share it here too.

Some stuff going on (not me, other people) reminded me of an incident many years ago that made me take stock.
I was bottomed out, won't go into details there. Totally broke and had drove to town to hock some tools and the pawn shop didn't want them. I was driving home, felling real low. I see this thing along the edge of the road a ways up. It's winter in Alaska so there are snow berms. Kinda looks like some sort of critter but bears wouldn't be out. As I get closer I realize it's a man. A man with no legs, just a torso and he's walking on his hands dragging his butt through the snow. I was so dumbfounded I didn't even think to stop and give him a ride, not sure why. But it sure ruined my pity party, suddenly my situation didn't seem so bad. That's all.

No matter who low you get....

Shared this at Tango's, thought I'd share it here too.

Some stuff going on (not me, other people) reminded me of an incident many years ago that made me take stock.
I was bottomed out, won't go into details there. Totally broke and had drove to town to hock some tools and the pawn shop didn't want them. I was driving home, felling real low. I see this thing along the edge of the road a ways up. It's winter in Alaska so there are snow berms. Kinda looks like some sort of critter but bears wouldn't be out. As I get closer I realize it's a man. A man with no legs, just a torso and he's walking on his hands dragging his butt through the snow. I was so dumbfounded I didn't even think to stop and give him a ride, not sure why. But it sure ruined my pity party, suddenly my situation didn't seem so bad. That's all.

There is always someone having harder times than you....besides....that was the Lord talking to you......sometimes he lets you know in not so suttle ways that things could always be worse and you should be grateful for what you have....should have given him the ride....can you imagine how much that would have boosted your spirit.....it's about helping where you can and living life the way the Lord Planned....you my friend spoke to God and he showed you the answer.....JMHO....

There is always someone having harder times than you....besides....that was the Lord talking to you......sometimes he lets you know in not so suttle ways that things could always be worse and you should be grateful for what you have....should have given him the ride....can you imagine how much that would have boosted your spirit.....it's about helping where you can and living life the way the Lord Planned....you my friend spoke to God and he showed you the answer.....JMHO....

His ways are not always mysterious. Sometimes they are very clear.

Pretty much same thing happened to me. About 14 years ago I was going through my divorce and my world was falling apart. I was coming home from work feeling really depressed and stopped at a redlight. There were two guys crossing the street in two of those motorized wheelchairs that you operate with your mouth..........they were evidently completely paralyzed. They had groceries on their wheelchairs and were heading home from the store.

It was like a kick into reality and it made me see that my problems were insignificant compared to what others go through.

Don

Someone else, somewhere else always has it worse.

It's one thing to realize that our troubles are small in comparison to someone elses and be able to turn things around for ourselves...it's a whole other thing to do something nice for that "someone else" who's chips are down.

Exactly

Many moons ago i was a lil down on my luck after the economy went south here in Houston i was riding to work downtown with my neighbor to save on gas & had holes in my shoes & socks when i saw a beautiful brand new Porsche ragtop coming up from behind & i swear on a stack of bibles... the ugliest woman i had ever seen in my life was driving it! That's when i realized... life is definitely not fair! :eek:

BoB

Years back I saw a friend at the very moment he hit bottom - not drug related either. Found him sobbing like a child in my apartment hallway one evening - hadn't seen him in a year. Lost his job. Ex stuck him with big bills. Eventually was living in his car until it broke down and got towed with all his stuff in it. Started having dental problems. Hit alcohol/weed heavy - had to stop because he'd have two beers, pass out, then pee himself. What finally did it was somebody stole his coke-bottle glasses and he couldn't see past his hand.

..... i swear on a stack of bibles... the ugliest woman i had ever seen in my life was driving it! That's when i realized... life is definitely not fair! :eek:

BoB

Life is full of trade offs. :D

I get feeling like my life bites once in awhile and have to look around and see all the good in it. Kinda like slappin my own face to wake up.

Latest posts

Back