spitfire powered special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful car, why don't these guys ever post vids of these monster swaps actually driving?[S I wanna see it smoke the tires!!:D Iv'e seen a bunch of these WW2 V12 airplane engine swaps but hardly any of them seem to be able to get them to run right....plus a bunch of them mate these beasts up to fragile auto tranns and diffs. The tractor pulling guys know what it takes to put their power to the ground.:) Actually these engines were really designed to operate in a narrow rpm range, not much over 3000 rpm at that and were never meant to putt around in traffic.
I like the Sherman tank monster V8 swap in a Mustang on utube, it sounds like a monster - but have never seen any more of it - guess it never made it out of the garage......

I had a picture of one in an old book, a Rolls Royce with a Merlin engine. The guy drove it quite a bit (England). But then somehow Rolls Royce forbid him to drive it anymore (apparently they can do that in England) so he moved to some other country, Sweden IIRC.

Latest posts

Back