Stop smoking!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, is that great news ! [cl[cl Bet you cherish every day now, don't you ? I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

I hope your cautioning and story helped save someone else's life. I work with a 17 year old girl who I have been pushing to quit smoking. She said she was going to quit when she hit 18, but that just happened and she is still smoking, but says she has cut down. :rolleyes: I can see it in her eyes, she will be one of those older ladies dragging around an oxygen bottle and pushing the mask to one side to take a puff on another cigarette. You can't save some people. :(

Don

Glad to hear the good news Bruno!....... My now deceased sister-in-law was down to one lung and heart problems, dragging the oxy bottle. Still could not quit. Smoked until the day it finally killed her. Has to be h... for some folks to get away from it.

Coincidentally, just today I was listening to a talk show on Public Radio about new findings they have come out with about the dangers of smoking. They always knew it contributed to heart disease, strokes, and Cancer, but now they are finding it affects a whole lot of other diseases like Diabetes, Arthritis, and lots more.

They said almost 500,000 people die from cigarettes every year, and it is TOTALLY preventable . All people have to do is not smoke. However, they also said they are finding lots of people are dying from 2nd hand smoke, and even 3rd hand smoke. 3rd hand is where someone has smoked in a house or building and that stays with the place for 50-60 years. If a baby plays on the carpet the toxins from the cigarette smoke in that carpet can get into the child through their skin.

They also went into the ways the cigarette companies are designing cigarettes to make people become more addicted, like putting microscopic air vents in the filters that make you suck harder which pulls the nicotine deeper into your lungs. The cigarette companies are also packaging cigarettes in smaller quantities so kids can afford to buy one or 5 at a time instead of a full pack.

I simply don't understand how anyone can smoke in 2014, knowing all we know. :confused:

Don

I think it's because so many people

think that it can't happen to them.....it's always the "other guy" that has issues.....till it smacks them in the kisser....got a friend like that...won't go to the doctor because he's afraid that he might find something wrong....so he ignores things...."it will go away"..... [S

My Dad quit smoking when his first grandchild was born. Within 3 years, he died of a massive heart attack. Why? Because he had gained so much weight. We now wish he had kept smoking. He was only 62, younger than I am right now. I must admit, I smoke but I also hit the gym for 2 hours 5 days a week, religiously. I love weight lifting and bench press contests. I get a physical once a year. My last contest, I took the Gold Medal in my age and weight group. I weight the same as I did in college.

I dont smoke ,,, but when I met my wife for our first date ,, she smoked ... she said does it bother you ,, well she was looking pretty hot , so I said nooooooo it dont bother me :D , Well we got married after about 6 months. (by the way this was a blind date .. never seen her before that night ,) and she said to me this is my last one . Im going to quit smoking because I know it bothers you . And she was smoking around a pack and a half a day ,,, and she quit cold turkey .. thats been over 25 years ago .. Everyone ask's her how she quit with no help . she just says (you have to really want to quit to quit.). I love my wife for quitting. she has some aw-some will power thats for sure .. Just hope that anyone that wants to quit will keep trying over an over ,, bro-inlaw has been trying to quit for a while with little luck but hes still trying he says he loves to smoke , thats why its so hard for him to quit .. best wishes and praying for a great out come bruno [cl

Latest posts

Back